Skip to content
Maintankadin

Losing aggro to OT on first pull - why?

Stevarian
Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:39 am

Losing aggro to OT on first pull - why?

Right now I am the main tank for my guild, and here is my armory page:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blade%27s+Edge&n=Stevarian

We have an up and coming pally tank in the guild, who has been off-tanking. I have better tanking gear than he does at the moment, but he is using the Headless Horseman's sword, which is slower, but has a higher dps rate than Inuuro's Blade that I am using.

Anyway, while running Kara, I will pull with Avenger's Shield, and will then throw consecration. He I think is doing the same thing, and there have been a few times when he is number one on Omen for threat.

Is this just because it is so close to the start of the pull, and I just haven't established aggro yet? Or is it because his sword has higher dps than mine?

I am still fairly new to tanking, so I am just wanting to be sure that I am doing my job correctly. I assume one of the possible solutions is that he doesn't start hitting the mob till I have established some aggro on the target?

Thanks!
Samuelus
Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:50 am
hes probably taunting off you... watch for the "" above the heads of the mobs.
Fridmarr
Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Well if he's using exorcism plus HotR he's probably beating your AS plus a tick of consecrate. Drop your consecrate first, then AS, then HotR or Exorcism depending on range. If you are using SoV judge that last since a JoV with no debuffs up is horrible.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/us/frostmane/fridmarr/