Skip to content
Maintankadin

What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Sarutankah
Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:45 am

What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Figured it would be good to have it plainly separated from the old 85 thread.


I will just put down my experiences for now and update when more information comes to light.

Full ToC - 10man - Did mostly as prot but ret for Jaraxis, Twins and Champions. Will probably start working on heroic as it all went pretty well tbh.
Sunwell minus Kalecgos 25 man (first boss) - Prot for Brutallus, Retri for rest.
Sarth 3D - 10 man. - Retri, bring buff food, flask and a healthstone until gear gets better (I have 469 dps gear I think but it's still early in expansion).
VOA all - 10 man. Toravon requires Prot with careful use of cooldowns including bubble. Retri for others.
Naxx all - 10 man, Retri for everything surprisingly.

Image
Belloc
Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

All of Black Temple is soloable, if it hadn't been before. I believe I did it as ret.

Most of Ulduar 10: Flame Leviathan, XT, Kologarn, Iron Council (I did Runemaster last), Hodir and Freya. I did not try Auriaya, Razorscale, Ignis, Vezax or Yogg (since I couldn't get past Thorim and potentially Mimiron). I did try and almost managed to kill Mimiron, so I believe that one to be possible. I tried Algalon but wiped when he phased me and did his raid-wipe AOE.

I can't remember which spec for every fight, unfortunately. I recall that Hodir enraged but that I was able to finish him. I also recall that nothing was able to damage my Demolisher on Flame Leviathan and I suspect that I could've done it on heroic since I wasn't actually getting damaged.
Rhagen
Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Belloc wrote:All of Black Temple is soloable, if it hadn't been before. I believe I did it as ret.

Most of Ulduar 10: Flame Leviathan, XT, Kologarn, Iron Council (I did Runemaster last), Hodir and Freya. I did not try Auriaya, Razorscale, Ignis, Vezax or Yogg (since I couldn't get past Thorim and potentially Mimiron).


Auriaya, razor, ignis Vezax and Mimi was doable at 85 as well along with most in Ulduar exept Yogg/algalon Possibly thorim (not sure if engineer/speed pot tact would work)

FL 25 was also doable at 85 and Ignis i did the other day at 90, 30% wipe on XT 25 not tried Razor on 25 tho
ginga-uk
Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:47 am

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Did ToC(10)as prot with the exception of champions, in which I was unable to burst down a healer, so the fight was destined to go on for ever....

I didn't manage to complete Firelands rep, so would be interested if anyone has a good suggestion for one or more of the bosses in there.
Worldie
Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Not mentioning the fairly high damage going on, the mechanics don't allow to solo Firelands (or any of the lvl 85 raids for what it matters)
daishan
Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

I'd of thought you could solo Alysrazor as ret, just fly at the start and nuke it down before tornadoes. I know fire mages spriests and boomies could solo at 85 so with ok ret gear it should be possible.
Rhagen
Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

daishan wrote:I'd of thought you could solo Alysrazor as ret, just fly at the start and nuke it down before tornadoes. I know fire mages spriests and boomies could solo at 85 so with ok ret gear it should be possible.


ive tried this in my.. shitty heroic blue gear as Ret and i got her to about 53% before the Tornado phase followed by my quickly demise
Worldie
Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

daishan wrote:I'd of thought you could solo Alysrazor as ret, just fly at the start and nuke it down before tornadoes. I know fire mages spriests and boomies could solo at 85 so with ok ret gear it should be possible.

Don't caster adds at the ground rape you while in teh air?
daishan
Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:07 am

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

The caster adds only hit you when your low down, you can out range them for just about all of the flying, for any class with self heals getting hit isn't much of an issue. My spriest never had the gear to solo while it was current but I did take down the last 35% with the rest of the raid dead once, that was with just a couple of FL hm drops.
I wont be going back there anytime soon as getting my spriest alt the staff using openraid pugs was far to stressful to ever want to see that place again :p
Rhiannon
Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Rhagen wrote:
daishan wrote:I'd of thought you could solo Alysrazor as ret, just fly at the start and nuke it down before tornadoes. I know fire mages spriests and boomies could solo at 85 so with ok ret gear it should be possible.


ive tried this in my.. shitty heroic blue gear as Ret and i got her to about 53% before the Tornado phase followed by my quickly demise


If you land outside the room during tornado phase you should be able to survive it easily enough if nothing has changed (it was close but doable for shadowpriest at 85 post 5.0, should be trivial for paladin with bubble. Then you kite the boss up Rhyolith's hill slowly while it does its cleave, then when it takes off you grab feathers and repeat phase 1.
Rhagen
Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Rhiannon wrote:
Rhagen wrote:
daishan wrote:I'd of thought you could solo Alysrazor as ret, just fly at the start and nuke it down before tornadoes. I know fire mages spriests and boomies could solo at 85 so with ok ret gear it should be possible.


ive tried this in my.. shitty heroic blue gear as Ret and i got her to about 53% before the Tornado phase followed by my quickly demise


If you land outside the room during tornado phase you should be able to survive it easily enough if nothing has changed (it was close but doable for shadowpriest at 85 post 5.0, should be trivial for paladin with bubble. Then you kite the boss up Rhyolith's hill slowly while it does its cleave, then when it takes off you grab feathers and repeat phase 1.


I was landing outside of the room even with Bubble, Divine protection and healing myself with FoL i just couldnt stay alive long enough, i probably did something wrong but yea its probably doable in someway
Rhiannon
Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:54 am

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Were you saving bubble for as late as possible? The damage ramps up through that phase, when I did it on sp at 85 I spam healed myself until I just couldn't keep up and then dispersed. Admittedly the haste buff on renew helped a lot before it fell off. I guess mana is also a real constraint for a ret paladin while it isn't for a shadow priest.
Morax
Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Rhagen wrote:
Belloc wrote:All of Black Temple is soloable, if it hadn't been before. I believe I did it as ret.

Most of Ulduar 10: Flame Leviathan, XT, Kologarn, Iron Council (I did Runemaster last), Hodir and Freya. I did not try Auriaya, Razorscale, Ignis, Vezax or Yogg (since I couldn't get past Thorim and potentially Mimiron).


Auriaya, razor, ignis Vezax and Mimi was doable at 85 as well along with most in Ulduar exept Yogg/algalon Possibly thorim (not sure if engineer/speed pot tact would work)

FL 25 was also doable at 85 and Ignis i did the other day at 90, 30% wipe on XT 25 not tried Razor on 25 tho


Thorim (10) works with Speed of Light & Swiftness Potion.
Tried Vezax (as Prot and Ret) - best try was around 20%. Dunno how to get it. :(
Blackharon
Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Easily downed HC(10) Marrowgar in ICC.

Deathwhisper doesn't seem possible (on heroic).
Rhagen
Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: What can we solo on our level 90 paladins :D

Morax wrote:
Rhagen wrote:
Belloc wrote:All of Black Temple is soloable, if it hadn't been before. I believe I did it as ret.

Most of Ulduar 10: Flame Leviathan, XT, Kologarn, Iron Council (I did Runemaster last), Hodir and Freya. I did not try Auriaya, Razorscale, Ignis, Vezax or Yogg (since I couldn't get past Thorim and potentially Mimiron).


Auriaya, razor, ignis Vezax and Mimi was doable at 85 as well along with most in Ulduar exept Yogg/algalon Possibly thorim (not sure if engineer/speed pot tact would work)

FL 25 was also doable at 85 and Ignis i did the other day at 90, 30% wipe on XT 25 not tried Razor on 25 tho


Thorim (10) works with Speed of Light & Swiftness Potion.
Tried Vezax (as Prot and Ret) - best try was around 20%. Dunno how to get it. :(


I know Vezax is basicly impossible to do now as Prot cause in MoP we get 0 mana regen on that fight at all, unless abusing the add things that spawn i guess, so that is probably harder now then it was at 85 (i know it was doable back then)