Skip to content
Maintankadin

Black Morass Farming

Tandors
Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:51 pm

Black Morass Farming

We all know that it is very easy to tank all of the trash in Black Morass in one pull. Now would it be possible to solo all of the trash in BM in one pull? Would it be a practical way to make some quick and easy gold? Maybe even ring a skinner with you just to make this even more profitable. What kind of gear would this require? I assume high block gear with a Petrified Lichen Guard.
Would it be possible to get all of this gear from just Kara/Badges? Thanks

This isn't my idea. I found this idea on a thread about passive uncrushability but thought it could use its own thread.
_________________
Tandors
Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:57 pm
Wow is all I can say. Shocked
How much did the silk plus greys alone net you. The area around BT is completely over farmed on Maelstrom so its almost not an option for me anymore.
Also, what addon what making those big "Chop!" things and making the chorus sounds on heals?
_________________
Guillex
Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:39 am
It MIGHT net you more ... if you're a skinner, and there's a good ratio of gators in the mix
_________________
Póg mo thóin

Saabik
Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:03 pm
A guildy (Aalryn) suggested trying this (I had done it earlier when blues were awesome, and used a shaman healer+fire elemental). I found this much more profitable than you described:

Time
Zone in: 0 minutes
Gather mobs: 5 minutes (105-113, from my recount parses)
Kill mobs: 2 minutes
Loot: 4 minutes (no skinning)
Zoneout + sell at vendor (go to smith every 3 runs for repair): 1 minute

Total time per run: 12 minutes, perfect for 5 instances/hour.

Gear
Mostly ZA, some BT pieces, although pure avoidance is ideal. You can probably do this with 90% passive uncrushibility, a figurine, and a spore shield.

I brought 2 spore shield, 1 force reactive disk. All 3 had shield spikes

Damage Breakdown (percentages rounded to nearest %)
(using force reactive disk) - 12,000 DPS
67% consecrate
18% force reactive disk
8% sanctuary
5% shield spike
1% melee

(using spore shield) - 10,000 DPS
72% consecrate
12% spore shield
9% sanctuary
5% shield spike
1% melee

Both types work just fine, though the force reactive was slightly quicker at killing. Its just as cheap to repair, and both types of shields ended up at ~33% durability after a single pull.

Mob Breakdown
44% gators
31% spiders
25% cats

Profit
I found 8 locked boxes (sent to rogue, not sure what was in em Razz)
I found 2 rare engineering recipes that I learned.
I found 3 65'ish blue items.
I made 400g profit (after repairs) in greys/greens.
I made 247 silks, killing 1005 spiders, which sell for 5g each.

Raw cash + silks worth:

1635 gold profit
272 gold / hour sustained for (6 hours)

No professions required. Never camped. Very little hassle selling the silks (I put 5 stacks of 10 up for 50g/ea, sold within the day). I'll slowly introduce the rest of them into the market, 5 stacks every few days. This will obviously vary on each server, however, some servers silk is 8g+, which would make this amazing.

However, gold isn't really an issue at this point in the game, so...meh.

I'll post a video with a few days, it'll be a clip of using the force reactive disk.
_________________
Saabik - Walljumper of <The Core> Tichondrius
ehly
Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:07 pm
I needed to farm up some netherweb spider silk on my alt. So I decided BM would be the best place. I didn't solo it. Just me and my hubby (ret pally) walked in. I pulled and bput on his healing gear. Ret aura+sanct aura + prot pally + ret heals. Stack of 20 silk in under an hour from two manning all the trash.
_________________

guild: http://www.neltharionsfury.com/
Paksennarion
Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:34 pm
Mana Pool issues go away with a few runs in Heroic UB to pick up Alembic of Infernal Power - it's a neat treat finishing up a run on BT through the suppies with 75% mana. Hoping the same will hold true with this, or at least close.

I did try this back when, but that was before I had to mana pot constantly in lower KZ, so I think it's about time to try it again. Skinner would really help, but I'd live with just the greys and silks. I'm always short on those.
_________________
herpackmule
Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:37 pm
Bring a healer friend, sell runs to level 67 characters. They will be getting gobs and gobs of exp an hour. Stipulate that you get all the silks and BoE blues. Split money with healer.
Sysse
Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:34 pm
I tried this tonight, and ill i was successful of was dying
_________________