Skip to content
Maintankadin

Solo Baron Geddon?

Rustyblade
Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:02 pm

Solo Baron Geddon?

I keep hearing people say "I got my other binding from garr" so they can actually start the quest to make their thunderfury but where are these people getting their other binding?

Garr is soloable with good gear and careful gemming but what about Geddon?

Now I am pretty sure this isn'd doable as prot maybe a hybrid or something but I am curious if it is indeed possible maybe as holy.

I don't think it is but there might be a small chance where it might, maybe a hybrid holy/prot spec or something.

I want to get my TF and I am still working twords gearing up to solo garr but getting people to go to mc for an hour to kill a boss for a 3% drop is almost impossible :/

Anyone got some advice maybe Razz
_________________
Kelaan
Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:27 pm
I'd say you could get some ranged DPS (suggestion: hunters for extra melee DPS on him, with fire-resistance-trained pets) and 1-2 healers. One can probably keep you up, while the other is /dancing and regenerating mana. The 5 of you could probably do it. Though ... you'd likely need to actually clear mobs to get there so it might be faster to take a group of 10.

I know,not the answer you wanted. Wink
Tiandelin
Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:27 am
Geddon does a fairly massive amount of damage just from his autoattacks, which can also crush, despite being unblockable. On top of that, you also have to deal with inferno, living bomb, and falling damage, though the latter can probably be eliminated by standing in certain places. Based on the damage I've taken from him in full FR gear, I just can't see any holy pally keeping up with that for the time it would take to kill him. Just as firelords will obliterate you despite the ease with which you can handle the earth elementals, so too will Geddon burn you to a crisp despite the fact that you can kill Garr while afk the whole fight.

We went in with a group of 4 last week after I had killed Garr. You can swim through the lava to Rag's room to avoid the bulk of the trash as described in the Garr thread, then just make a handful of pulls to Geddon and Shazzrah's room.

The actual tanking of him didn't seem too hard, as I was taking enough damage to keep my mana up most of the time. I also wore as much threat gear as I could while maintaining 365 FR. We did have a number of complications, though:

1) Positioning. We tanked him in his room (not Garr's) just outside the tunnel. This made for some tight space when avoiding inferno and keeping living bombs from blowing people up, though I suppose that clearing more flame packs would give more room. It also led to problem #2.

2) Respawns. Particularly that dog in the tunnel, which popped up when we had him at 20% or so once. Highly annoying, since they still have a huge aggro range at level 70. Again, clearing more trash would probably help here.

3) Mana drain. It wasn't a big problem for me, but it certainly hurt our healer. She kept trying to dodge the ignite by ducking in and out of sight to apply HoTs (she was a druid), but that made it difficult to cleanse her promptly. The fact that we had an enhancement shaman along made it even more interesting.

A second healer would probably make the fight a lot easier. However, the hardest part of this fight for most of us is probably convincing others to come farm the guy week after week until the bindings drop.
_________________
Jhereg
Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:02 pm
You can very very carefully single pull him w/o clearing a pain pack with a decapitator toss.
ruodhaid
Sun May 04, 2008 11:33 am
I got my binding from garr last week, not soloed him yet, but will do that one day just for the fun Smile

so today i went for my other of geddon, but its kinda hard to get a grupe going for mc ;/, found a druid and went there whit him

Me tanking him. druid healing didet work at all, we went respecced now i healed and he tanked, and after some time geddon was dead, be sure to run out of the hellfire the last 2 ticks hit hard

no binding ;/
Drep
Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:44 pm
Hi everybody

Sorry for invading your forums, I'm a warrior who got my Garr binding today, can't find posts about successfully duoing Geddon any other place Smile

Now I wanna go for Geddon too, but I guess I can't go with a druid healer because one needs to be able to dispel the mana drain debuff.

So I just wanna know if you managed to heal him without using innervate, where he actually tanked him, and approximately how long it took?

How much FR did you (both?) use?

Also, how did you avoid/deal with dog respawns?
Ragnor
Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:31 pm
I'm very interested in some video, or screenshots or even mspaint diagrams of how to pull him and where to tank him and so on if anyone has any Smile

I think I can probably interest a couple of guild mates into doing geddon for funs and my missing half a binding!
Seloei
Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:27 pm
Reaching Geddon is the same as reaching Garr. Refer to that post for the path there.
Kill the one dog in the tunnel, swap into capped fire res gear (uncritable or not, doesn't matter) and body pull geddon. Move him next to a wall so you don't take the full fall damage. Look around before you pull to pick a spot which is the lowest and stand there.

Dualing with a healer only means a dog will respawn atleast once. Bring a dps, and you can burn him without the dog repoping. If the dog does respawn, switch quickly to that and kill it fast.

A single healer can manage it (if he is not a pvp healer or with low mana regen).

If your a warrior, bring atleast 4 people. Holy pala, random healer, you, ranged dps (pref. hunter but even a lock/shaman/mage has worked for us)
_________________
Drep
Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:02 pm
TF secured, 2 bindings after 2 garr kills and 2 geddon kills, some luck i guess hehe.
Thanks for taccs and strats guys. Did geddon 3 man (resto druid, holy pala and me as 2h fury), that was pretty boring and took 2 dog respawns before he was dead. Went in with 5 people the second time and that was much smoother.