Skip to content
Maintankadin

Mythic blackhand

Schroom
Fri May 29, 2015 2:30 am

Mythic blackhand

Mh...

Image

how do you guys, reliably survive 250k hits on a 1.5s swing timer. considering this situation, more heal? I don't really know how a healer could do the output needed here...
DisRuptive1
Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Re: Mythic blackhand

Maybe use Shield of the Righteous more? Or is that an error in the logs that the last time you used SotR was 41 seconds before you died.
Schroom
Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:13 am

Re: Mythic blackhand

no error, well partially (a refresh doesn't count as a cast, as I was using HA logs only count the first in SoTR in the series of sotrs) I was just kicked away, ran back (which was when SoTR dropped of for the first time in the whole fight), taunted the boss to the middle of the room, started to produce holy power again (as I was at basically 0 after using WoG to heal my self after the smash) and died about 2s before he would have casted the second smash (which I bubble)

impossible to create holy power or use SoTR when there is no target ^^
DisRuptive1
Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: Mythic blackhand

What about Guardian of Kings or Ardent Defender? What are you saving those for?
Schroom
Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:15 am

Re: Mythic blackhand

guardian for the first smash. I used AD now for this moment, together with HoSac, although I stills see it as waste to use a 3min CD for melee hits... bat design imho.

although, as we aren't able to get a consistent setup (we only managed to have 1.5 evenings of progression in 3 weeks). and also because we only have 3 healers left (as we aren't raiding I leave for another guild kkthxbye). we decided to stop progression and are recruiting for 6.2

which closes this...
Winkle
Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:41 am

Re: Mythic blackhand

I haven't looked at the logs, but like me you've quickly discovered that BH hits exceptionally hard :D .

My solution has basically been to not tank him without SotR up or a CD to cover that period. I use DP and EmpSeals to tank him, since my co-tanks on siege duty. I never taunt back without at least 3 HP, and if i don't get lucky with procs i'm filling in SotR down time with DP, trinket, stoneform, pot, external, etc. Yes the result is that occasionally your co-tank has BH on him for longer than desirable but if he doesn't have slagged and if he has a CD up himself it seems the safer option.

I track my absorbs and if i have a disc absorb up plus SotR i don't use a CD for Smash in P2, i never feel in any danger of dying. Also remember you can bubble/HoP smashes too.
Winkle
Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:44 am

Re: Mythic blackhand

Just noticed you only got a riptide tick and holyshock in the timeframe you posted, you do need a healer sitting on you the whole fight. There's not that much raid damage in p2 to not have that available to you. A 250k hit isn't something you can completely avoid.
Malaa
Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:59 am

Re: Mythic blackhand

I use Divine Purpose instead of Holy Avenger and Empowered Seals as the 100 Talent to optimize SotR uptime, that way I rarely have no SotR when I'm tanking Blackhand in P1. (I'm tanking the Siegemakers in P2, so maybe Holy Avenger might be better if you do another strategy and switch Tanks for each Smash in P2). I'm using SoR most of the time and only switch to SoI when the demolition phase begins
Also, I use Hand of Protection on the first Smash in P1 (completely negates the damage from the smash and you only get the fire damage from 6 or 7 lava ticks). On the 3rd Smash I use bubble to completely negate both smash and lava damage.

If you haven't noticed, you can "aim" when you are going to get knacked back by the smash. You always fly the opposite direction of where you are looking, so you can "aim" with your back.