So I've also been working on improvements to the MaxDPS APL. Unfortunately my computer crashed overnight, so I got a bit behind and had to re-run some of the pertinent results. I'm hoping I didn't leave out anything important, but feel free to suggest, contribute, and edit any of this.
When going for max dps one of the first things I noticed, which was happening in the sim and I confirmed on beta: we actually seem to get more AP (and hence DPS) from the Draenic Armor Potion (1500 armor for 25 sec) than from the Draenic Strength Potion (1000 str for 25 sec). I don't know if this is final or if the armor pots are bugged on beta, but I'm using the armor pots over the str ones for these sims.
This is all using the default gear set and boss setup. All the runs also use alabaster shield, focused shield, and final wrath glyphs. I started with a talent build of SS, SW, LH, and Sera (0032222). I later added ES and EmpS_DPS for comparison, which you'll see at the end. The first oddity I ran into is that the MaxDPS APL was horribly under-performing for Seraphim (about 4500 DPS less) compared to the default APL. The comparison between just those two APLs is one of the sim runs I lost, but I recreated it in the last sim I re-ran with "SS_SW_Sera_MaxDPS_Orig." It makes some sense, since before this we were primarily using the MaxDPS APL for EmpS when twisting SoT and SoR, so it wasn't optimized for Seraphim. I didn't see one obvious factor leading to this, so I decided to start from the default APL (copied into the MaxDPS APL) and then slowly re-add the modifications, keeping only those that increased DPS. I even left in the damage reduction CDs, because I figured that those didn't affect DPS (except EF, which I'm not using in these runs). First re-run is below (this time with embedded results images!):
DPS Run 1:
Full ReportInput ProfileAt this point the MaxDPS APL is nearly identical to the default APL with two exceptions. First, I've changed the seal twisting back to the highest dps (CS-AS)>TRd>(HoW-TRe) configuration, not the three seal one used in the default APL. Second, the first SotR line had "incoming_damage_1500ms>=health.max*0.3" replaced with "talent.holy_avenger.enabled&holy_power>=3" since we're not concerned with incoming damage but might want to use this for HA at some point.
The other ques here list what I put on top of the MaxDPS APL. Putting HW with final wrath glyphed on top did improve dps, but HW>All with SW talented was better, and HW>All during Sera with SW talented was better still. Then of course doing nothing but switching to SoT is an even bigger DPS increase.
DPS Run 2:
Full ReportInput ProfileAll the MaxDPS ques in this run use SoT with SS, SW, LH, and Sera (0032222), except the two top ques with ES talented, meaning ES is beating LH for single target DPS as we'd expect. Speaking of ES, when using it, I was getting it as a DPS decrease to move it to top priority (ES>All) compared to keeping it at it's default location. In addition, "HW>All during Seraphim only" is beating "HW>All during Seraphim or during last 20% with FW glyph." The difference is pretty narrow but repeatable, so I kept it for the next round...
DPS Run 3:
Full ReportInput ProfileSo we've still got the default APL, and MaxDPS using SoT, but now we've combined the winners from the previous run to create a MaxDPS APL with SoT, ES in default priority, and "HW>All during Seraphim only". We add to that two new contenders, one with "eSS" which uses SS only during empty GCDs, and one with "ES<HPG" where we've again moved ES up in priority but kept it behind HoPo generators. Both of these changes show some mild improvements over the previous winners, so we'll keep them and combined them in the final run...
DPS Run 4:
Full ReportInput ProfileMany many APL variants this time. I re-ran some of the previous steps from along the way to try and make sure that nothing appeared amiss. I'll also mention this is where I thought to add back in the original MaxDPS APL when using SS, SW, LH, and Sera. As I mentioned at the beginning it's quite low, about 4500 dps below the default APL using the same talents. Also included are the default APL using SoT ("T" at the end) and the MaxDPS APL using SoT and the same talents, winning slightly on DPS. From there we add all the optimizations coming to the highest DPS using the MaxDPS APL with HW top priority during Sera, ES just under HPG, and SS only during empty GCDs. For further review I'm posting that APL here:
- Code: Select all
actions.max_dps=potion,name=draenic_armor,if=buff.holy_avenger.react|buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<=60
# This section covers off-GCD spells.
actions.max_dps+=/holy_avenger
actions.max_dps+=/seraphim
actions.max_dps+=/divine_protection,if=time<5|!talent.seraphim.enabled|(buff.seraphim.down&cooldown.seraphim.remains>5)
actions.max_dps+=/guardian_of_ancient_kings,if=time<5|(buff.holy_avenger.down&buff.shield_of_the_righteous.down&buff.divine_protection.down)
actions.max_dps+=/ardent_defender,if=time<5|(buff.holy_avenger.down&buff.shield_of_the_righteous.down&buff.divine_protection.down&buff.guardian_of_ancient_kings.down)
actions.max_dps+=/eternal_flame,if=buff.eternal_flame.remains<2&buff.bastion_of_glory.react>2&(holy_power>=3|buff.divine_purpose.react|buff.bastion_of_power.react)
actions.max_dps+=/eternal_flame,if=buff.bastion_of_power.react&buff.bastion_of_glory.react>=5
actions.max_dps+=/shield_of_the_righteous,if=(holy_power>=5|buff.divine_purpose.react|(talent.holy_avenger.enabled&holy_power>=3))&(!talent.seraphim.enabled|cooldown.seraphim.remains>5)
actions.max_dps+=/shield_of_the_righteous,if=buff.holy_avenger.remains>time_to_hpg&(!talent.seraphim.enabled|cooldown.seraphim.remains>time_to_hpg)
# GCD-bound spells start here
actions.max_dps+=/avengers_shield,if=buff.grand_crusader.react&active_enemies>1
actions.max_dps+=/hammer_of_the_righteous,if=active_enemies>=3
actions.max_dps+=/holy_wrath,if=talent.sanctified_wrath.enabled&buff.seraphim.react
actions.max_dps+=/crusader_strike
actions.max_dps+=/judgment
actions.max_dps+=/avengers_shield,if=active_enemies>1
actions.max_dps+=/holy_wrath,if=talent.sanctified_wrath.enabled
actions.max_dps+=/avengers_shield,if=buff.grand_crusader.react
actions.max_dps+=/execution_sentence
actions.max_dps+=/holy_wrath,if=glyph.final_wrath.enabled&target.health.pct<=20
actions.max_dps+=/avengers_shield
actions.max_dps+=/seal_of_truth,if=talent.empowered_seals.enabled&!seal.truth&buff.maraads_truth.remains<cooldown.judgment.remains
actions.max_dps+=/seal_of_righteousness,if=talent.empowered_seals.enabled&!seal.righteousness&buff.maraads_truth.remains>cooldown.judgment.remains&buff.liadrins_righteousness.down
actions.max_dps+=/lights_hammer
actions.max_dps+=/holy_prism
actions.max_dps+=/consecration,if=target.debuff.flying.down&active_enemies>=3
actions.max_dps+=/hammer_of_wrath
actions.max_dps+=/consecration,if=target.debuff.flying.down
actions.max_dps+=/holy_wrath
actions.max_dps+=/seal_of_truth,if=talent.empowered_seals.enabled&!seal.truth&buff.maraads_truth.remains<buff.liadrins_righteousness.remains
actions.max_dps+=/seal_of_righteousness,if=talent.empowered_seals.enabled&!seal.righteousness&buff.liadrins_righteousness.remains<buff.maraads_truth.remains
actions.max_dps+=/sacred_shield
actions.max_dps+=/flash_of_light,if=talent.selfless_healer.enabled&buff.selfless_healer.stack>=3
Though most of the focus of this optimization was on a SS/SW/Sera combination, I added back in the EmpS MaxDPS APL here, as well as one using all the pertinent optimizations that improved the Sera APL. It's possible that there's additional optimizations for this APL using EmpS, but if I compare back, both of these (MaxDPS_EmpS and the optimized version) are ahead of the best EmpS_MaxDPS results I see in Theck's previous sims (using the same gear). At least that means I haven't made EmpS worse in the process of optimizing Sera, hehe. Also, ignore the "T" in the EmpS lines' names, I just realized that was left in the name on accident. Those APLs are still twisting SoT and SoR.
The only other oddity I notice, looking back at my own results, is that the TMIs all jumped up slightly in that last run. Even the default APL, which was consistently 112.1k TMI jumped up to 114k TMI in the last set of results. The DPS numbers similar seem within reason between runs, but it's still odd that the TMI would be off by that much, even though I ran these all back to back.
TLDR: I tried to optimize the MaxDPS APL for SS/SW/Sera and slightly for EmpS. Seraphim using SoT is beating EmpS twisting SoT and SoR in my sims, but there's probably more than can be done to optimize EmpS. Please feel free to take anything useful from this MaxDPS APL or add anything to it you like, but this is the max DPS I've been able to sim so far using this gear set and boss.