Skip to content
Maintankadin

(3.0.3.9183) WotLK TPS Weapons Spreadsheet

Khayne
Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:45 pm
Wasn´t healing and spell damage changed to sipmle "Spell power" in WotLK?

Iirc on that, then i´d guess that the mace you linked is simply a pure healer mace.

Int+mp5+spellpower(Healing). no points in stamina even.

Healer weapon, especially to shaman and paladin (both gain from int, neither are spirit based so mp5 instead, everyone needs spellpower).
_________________
Melathys
Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:27 pm
I noticed you put in lvl 70 weapons...how does the badge healing mace do?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34896

Did you take stamina > spell power into account? I looked for it in your stuff, but quite possibly just missed it.
_________________
PsiVen
Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:33 pm
I'll put in the others, but if you can open the spreadsheet you can easily add another weapon. Just punch them in on another line.

Aye, Stam->SP is taken into account, along with SotP and Templar. SS isn't as it doesn't currently affect strength and I've never seen a weapon with SBV.

[Edit] Added a few more weapons.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Bloodsail Admiral Psivenia, 70 Warrior
70 Belfadin, 62 Druid, 60 Priest, 60 Warlock

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Widdox
Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:58 am
Can you add some ability to use this spreadsheet for lvl 70. It looks like that in our current +dmg gear the difference between ....

Syphon of the Nazreim
Gavel of Naaru Blessings

Is something around 25 TPS, but Im not 100% sure of that. The reason I am asking is that our current weapons are 40 dps. And the Syphon is 100.2, that at least makes me want to see if having a high dmg 2.8 speed weapon will be worth it come 3.0 patch.
_________________
Splug
Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:29 am
To be fair, an item with no stat points spent in defensive stats should generate more threat than an item with stat points invested in avoidance/stamina. I understand the ideological issue of Blizzard intending to phase out spellpower weapons and not quite making the cut (especially since it sounds like there's itemization that's spent on neither threat nor mitigation), but how big is the gap on threat between the healing stick and an equal-ilevel alternative?

-Splug
_________________
(usually) prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Splug
Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:59 am
I saw the graphs, but I didn't have time to check the stats on the items being compared - abnormally busy at the office today. I just saw discussion about a weapon with zero stamina being better as an insult, and was responding to that. I understand the ideological issue with the caster weapons still being better, and that clearly still needs work. My point was that simply because a weapon has no stamina doesn't mean it should also be a completely incompetant threat weapon - in fact, the inverse should be true. I think I phrased my first post a bit poorly; I didn't have time to read it over like I usually do.

-Splug
_________________
(usually) prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
PsiVen
Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:36 pm
I really don't agree that it's an itemization issue for us to use spell power weapons still. We're still using Strength gear, we still want slow weapons. If we had weapons that sacrificed this much DPS for pure strength they would be insanely overpowered (I checked, it'd be about 300 TPS higher than the Guardian is now).

The existence of healing weapons without stamina means nothing when there are quite clearly spell power weapons itemized for us at 80. The relative worth of weapon DPS itself is a bit of an issue, but that in particular is not.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Bloodsail Admiral Psivenia, 70 Warrior
70 Belfadin, 62 Druid, 60 Priest, 60 Warlock

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Dorvan
Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:40 pm
For me it's the general issue that depending on both AP and SP is much more likely to lead to unintended balance issues than simply one or the other, and we've already seen that in the case of Ret Pallies for example. After seeing all the ways Blizzard's screwed up hybrid melee/spell mecanics over the past 3 years, I'm ready to jump completely on board with one framework or the other, and since AP seems to be the decision from Blizzard, the more distance we put between ourselves and SP the better imo.
_________________


WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix