Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tanking rotation for demons/undead

Threatco
Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:51 pm
I would rather know about tricks/exploits then not know about them, then decide my self if I want to take action on it.

Just my twisted world view though.
_________________
daemonym
Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:18 am
i hope that bug is in when i hit 80 O.o i wanna flatten some surprised faces with it lol. rely on it? no way. abuse the living hell out of it and 2 shot some silly people that dont get out of your stun? hellz ya!
_________________
Did you think we had forgotten? did you think we had forgiven? Death to the scourge! and death to the living!
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowmoon&n=Daemonym
shadowmoon, lvl/spec/gear: work in progress
PsiVen
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:21 am
Judgement and HotR are very close in terms of which you should drop. With a better weapon though you should probably drop the Judgement.

Can you seriously use each rank of ShoR on separate cooldowns? The implications of that for single-target threat/damage output optimization are enormous.

A cursory glance at a rotation able to use ShoR rank 1 results in a form of 696 where HotR is treated as a 9sec cooldown with ShoR1 taking its place, while Consecration and Judgement are alternated. If the Judgement debuff is unneeded, Consecration takes its place entirely, and if mana is an issue, Consecration is entirely removed. If off-tanking, you can maintain the rotation using both full-time instead of HS.

Average TPS for ~heroic gear level across different rotations:
Standard 969: 3480.7
New J/C Alternating: 3691.8
New No Judgements: 3809.8
New No Consecration: 3552.9

Standard w/ No HS: 3476.6
New No HS: 3798.6

Value of SBV relative to STR in New J/C Alt:
100 STR -> 215 TPS (100%)
150 SBV -> 232 TPS (110%)
100 HIT -> 92 TPS (40%)


Further experimentation regarding DPS:
Better gear, old rotation: 3708
Better gear, old rot + new spec: 4121
Better gear, new rotation: 4320 (4592 w/o HS)
Better gear, new rot + new spec: 4830 (5119 w/o HS)

So you may expect that by using the new rotation and respeccing for Prot DPS you'll gain 30% damage. That will likely put you up there with real DPS classes, and I'm not even simulating SoB here which may well be a better choice if you change your gear around for DPSing.

This wowhead link has the relevant weight scheme:
http://www.wowhead.com/?items=2&filter=ty=0:4:7;ub=2;gm=3;wt=32:20:43:95:84:21:117:37:51:78;wtv=150:47:36:23:16:15:14:10:7:3
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Bloodsail Admiral Psivenia, 70 Warrior
70 Belfadin, 62 Druid, 60 Priest, 60 Warlock

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Dork
Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:22 am
The double shield slam thing is pretty fun. Sure it will be fixed and sure we will have to go back to other rotations, but it's not super hard to make any type of rotation up on the spot.

I pulled 2214 dps the other night on patchwork. I definitely wasn't doing an optimal dps rotation either. As a raid leader on that specific fight I make sure I am watching all tanks hp, strings of parries, one tank not getting topped, etc, so I know I could have done even more.

Daily quests with double ShoR is great. PvP with it is funny as well. I do Wintergrasp all the time and I'm sure the alliance are a bit confused when I pimpslam them 2 times in a row.

I'll miss the ability to pop two slams in a row, but when they do fix it a big part of me will be extremely happy. My ui is realllyyyy custom and I have small timers for just the 969 rotation kind of close to my char/combat. It looks so pretty/almost like ret faceroller when they are all lined up finishing one at a time. Problem is, cooldowntimers3's code uses rank1 ShoR to detect cooldown, so when I ShoR(rank2) it doesn't show the bar on my 969 cooldown rotation =/. That fix alone is even trade off for taking my 2nd slam away.
_________________
Dork <Audacious> of Magtheridon
MrDuck
Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:33 am
Well there's one thing why i somehow don't wanna skip judgement even though it's by far the lowest damage spell in rotation.

I'll assume that everyone has the libram, now it's 352*1,3(Shield Spec)*1,3(SotT)*1,05(meta)=~625 damage that is added to one ShoR in your rotation(well,unless you judge right after ShoR, there is the place to use exorcism probably), and well, the difference between my Exorcism and Judgement damage(with judge glyph) is about 800, so if i add the ShoR damage bonus from judging to judgement damage itself, the difference isn't that big, and prefer sticking with Judgement for the significant increase in damage i block + no chance for my attack speed debuff to fade Surprised


(actually, am i missing something in my damage boost for shor? i think the damage i block goes up by ~500 or 600 on its own, so the damage on shor would be like 750 if my BV went up by that much,but i can't think of anything where could so much bv go for)
_________________