Skip to content
Maintankadin

DPS Meter and TPS

Keron
Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:17 am
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is not the case that high avoidance only postpones the damage intake (due to continuing to HS until hit) but not reduces it? Wouldn't then maximum DR (as in damage reduction) by Armor take the cup here?

So the real question is: does the paladin's DR from armor + BV equal or surpass the bear's DR from armor? The tank with the highest mitigation should be offtank, while the tank with highest avoid should be maintank on patchwerk.

And yes, I'm not yet in Naxx. That's only my understanding from reading about the fight.
_________________
Keron, Leveling as Prot. Die Silberne Hand (EU)
Keron
Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:11 am
*confused*

Isn't max HP/mitigation equal to max EH?
Isn't EH calc'd without taking avoidance into account?
Isn't it, we say exactly the same?

Reading my post again and exchanging "DR" for "EH" it's still the same:

Paladin with more avoid goes in as MT, bear with more EH goes in as OT.

Now, i can understand the
Levantine
Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:20 am
Argh. I confused myself. Note to self: don't post on forums at 1am. :<

Mmmm. Nah, makes sense to put the Paladin on as offtank if s/he's crit immune, block capped, and in generally better gear.
_________________

Rinforce | Rinforze
Tats
Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:55 am
just to get a giggle, this was my sustained tps on patchwerk, no wings or consumables.

Kilthanas
Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:08 pm
I was over 2K dps on Patchwerk main tanking it. I don't use judgement of light cause I need the mana to keep up full threat rotations.

Got a couple 6.7K shield slams last night. Can't wait for more STR and block value. And I really can't imagine what my threat and dmg will be like when I get an epic weapon and 2 set tier 7. We do ridiculous threat and dmg to undead in particular.