Skip to content
Maintankadin

Using SoL/SoW?

Levantine
Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:03 am
Your opinion is wrong, Nuclear. Judgement of Light is immensely useful to the raid healers, yes. Seal of Light is pathetic, and useless. People don't seem to understand that tank healers have to give themselves a margin of overheal. They're already healing for more than the damage the tank is taking. If they didn't, the tank would die. They cannot rely on Seal of Light.

ALL SEAL OF LIGHT DOES IS LOWER YOUR THREAT AND INCREASE A HEALER'S OVERHEAL
_________________

Rinforce | Rinforze
verthis
Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:23 am
The healing generated by seal of light ( Say 450 with a 100% proc chance just for arguments sake ) on a raid boss that is hitting for say 7k damage per hit is a grand total of 5% of damage taken as healing with a 100% proc chance and 2.5% with a 50% proc chance. ( figures are just for arguments sake ) which to be perfectly honest is 2 shades of useless and you would be far better off with the extra dps from seal of vengeance.

Judgement of light all the way but imo you would be better off saving the mana and not using a seal at all rather than seal of light
_________________
Akushi
Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:38 am
Sadly i've had to use SoL Many times more then i'd ever wish to have to use it, and they are always in 5mans never raids, and the reason why, why would anyone ever use it ? Scrub healers

I'm not saying all healers, just the scrub ones... let's take an example "Why I R Dieing to this aura thing this big dude does?, H HoL Is So HardZ" (Healer dies for the 2nd time boss left at 40%, boss hits for 35% more dmg then HoL heals me for when i block and absorb and all my other awesome pally skills.

Boss dies Pally tank Solo, Enh shammie's roomate is laughing his ass off that a pally just soloed a boss that does constant aura dmg and has a nova effect...

Yes i'm not proud of it but i have and do still need to use SoL in groups from time to time.
Nuclearseal
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:48 am
yes levantine :)Jol helps a lot in raid heal, personaly i dont use seal of light to much ( gluth maybe ) but i defenetly use JoL on bosses. but can u understand the respectfull amougth of heal that SoL + JoL gives u? thats what i wanna say..2 procs will take u close to 1k heal in one hit...its nothing compared whit a 13k holy ligth or so, but i think its still helps u in the mitigation or HE if u prefere Smile
Levantine
Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:21 pm
Ugh, I give up. If you're determined to think that Seal of Light is useful then I doubt I'll be able to convince you otherwise.
_________________

Rinforce | Rinforze
Nuclearseal
Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:24 pm
ok ur right...for me to get an heal of the proc, would most of the time to be low on health. and so healer would be oom.

k i understand Very Happy and the heal from the procs would not be important if we wipe or not. but the dps will help. is that what ur saing? Smile
Levantine
Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:51 pm
[Please try and find a better way to put things. Clearly calling people names is a good way to get your message across. -Mortehl]
_________________

Rinforce | Rinforze
Sabindeus
Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:54 pm
I think my perceived usefulness of SoL has been due to the group we've been running Naxx 10 with... 2 healers, no replenishment. Healers have been learning to be very stingy with their mana.

JoL I think it's pretty obvious why it's useful for raid damage fights.

But what I am finding is that on some fights I am doing the following:
1. Use SoL
2. Use JoL.
3. Have infinite mana
3. Spend my GCDs refreshing Holy Shield, Judgement, and Sacred Shield on everyone in the raid.

My threat exceeds even the best DPS I have run with by a margin of like 50%.

I think on bosses I'm going to go back to SoV because yeah, it is a lot of damage and I can't imagine the heals are helping that much.
_________________

Turn In - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/turn-in.aspx
Tats
Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:12 am
i liken this argument to something like rogues not using poisons. you have to realize, your not just a tank anymore, your a dps class too. alot of encounters are developed around X amount of dps, and when your tank fills the supplemental role of dps, as well as tanking, it makes things alot easier.

sure, rogues do fine without poisons, but why wouldnt you use them? you do your job, let the healers do theirs Wink