Skip to content
Maintankadin

No Reckoning?

Elsie
Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:50 am
re: JCamper:
Okay, well we've been stating:

1. Reckoning adds damage
2. Reckoning is less threat than Seals of the Pure
3. Reckoning is less threat than Conviction

SotP and Conviction are simply better talents for a tank's job. Therefore, there's no reason to ever take reckoning for threat, and possibly damage.

Improved Judgment 2/2 is generally advised against because the rotation is 96969... so reducing it to 8s just means it's off CD faster but you can't use it. That's why 1/2 is recommended. Now, it can be handy if you can't use exorcism and consecrate - but those situations are few and far between.

So it comes down to Kings being necessary with less than 4 paladins and no dps warrior, better threat (and possibly dps) talents existing, and better utility talents existing in general.
jcamper1337
Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:03 pm
ok I cant not take kings in my guild because we only have 1 raiding ret pally and he dosent take kings and neither do any of out holy pallys. SO that means Kings is my job so I guess if i Drop reckoing for
Seals of the Pure and or Conviction I would be better Off

I also I didnt use the 9696 rotation I was using a 9 rotation putting the Shield Slam into that rotation because it was allowing me To use the Libram of Obstruction to its max capablity.
_________________
jcamper1337
Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:13 pm
thank you all for all your help Majiben has posted a really good spec That I am gonna try out once servers get back up. Im keeping Kings because I hate to say it but my guild mates that play paladins are for a lack of a better term stupid.

They think Its my job to have Kings and they dont need it. Little do they know I cant raid untill Mid January. All i can say is Have fun in Naxx with no Kings
_________________
Majiben
Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:18 pm
Best of luck!
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
BlackKnight6667
Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:47 pm
I used it on my leveling spec, then went kings. However I'm pretty sure once my guild starts 25 mans I'll have 1-2 ret pali in the raid that have Kings, so Reck may creap back into my spec as the filler. Though this time I'll only take enough points to get tm to the next step not full reck.

I believe it was here on Maintankadin that I saw the proc tables that showed that 3-4 points in it was nearly as good as 5 points in. The proc differences were nominal.
_________________
Zehn - Vhex
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:29 pm
Personally I have 3 different tanking spec's. HoJ is included in my 'day to day' prot spec simply because it's useful whenever you're not tanking a raid boss.

However, the content that you benefit most from HoJ on is largely trivial, so it's a bit of a wash.

I'm finding divinge guardian to be pretty useful though. Not particularily for personal survival mind you, but with the new "2 tanks for nearly everything" philosophy it's pretty awesome. Between that and BoSacrafice you basically can give someone else a second shield wall.

If you're not the MT and the raid is taking damage, it's pretty awesome. And even when you're the MT, several bosses have a phase where they don't target anyone. It's nice for Malygos vortex especially, can be used on Saphhrion during an air phase if a blizzard is about to hit the raid, it's not entirely terrible on heigen ddr if someone failsteps. I tend to pop it on loatheb to absorb one of the impending dooms just for kicks.

With content as trivial as it is it's not exactly a game changer, but it has interesting uses.

And it trumps the everliving heck out of the white damage tps you gain from reckoning.
daemonym
Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:57 pm
dont forget about imp devotion aura if you are able to spec into it, that's a huge amount of armor boost. even with DR involved, free armor is still free and still more than you had before. stay alive first, pewpew second.
_________________
Did you think we had forgotten? did you think we had forgiven? Death to the scourge! and death to the living!
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowmoon&n=Daemonym
shadowmoon, lvl/spec/gear: work in progress
Belarkan
Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:06 pm
I haven't done math, but I'd go for the 5% extra critical if you want more threat.

<3 shield slam critical.