Loyalty= The ability to know that you will be everything that I expect of you and not desert our guild when either something doesn't go your way or we might have a break period with raiding due to a number of events from just a holiday or the loss of core raiders(w/e the reason). Being faithful in the guild and my leadership and direction. Knowing and enforcing guild policies and accepting decisions made by your officer/GM core. Leading by example for all guild members to see. Putting your own wants second for the guilds overall goals.
Initiative= Always being prepared. Picking up the slack when needed. Never being late and always being able to fill in multiply roles. For ex: its a one tank fight and we are having some issues with healing. You go ahead and volunteer to go respec to holy for the cause of the one encounter if it means we will down the boss, even if in your mind the glory of it would be MTing the encounter. You asking to do that for the raid at the situation before I would even have to ask you would be brownie points for you. I would see you as an asset, not a one trick pony.
Attitude= Finally one of the most important. This is a game, but at the same time its a hobby like any other. We spend alot of time researching gear, raiding etc. So you being late, you whining or complaining, causing any type of guild disruption will never get you anything you want, and will put you in bad standings with me. When that happens you will have to work to get that respect back. Intill then don't be suprised if you get into a raid. All the other things I spoke of are trivial in comparison if you are lacking this. The best example of a good guild and raid attitude is a warrior OT i have in my guild. He joined our guild about 4 months b4 expac when we were clearing BT. I had 2 deticated warrior OTs and I was the pally MT. These two tanks worked well with me and we all utilized our strengths on different fights as in who would MT or OT etc. The tank group was very close and had great comradery. So back to the orignal point. This 4th tank was very patient and helping, jumped in once in a blue moon when one of the tanks could not make it, but basically sat back and watched the action from the social tab. He never complained, he never had gripes because he understood. This being said I spoke with him and any other potential players who wanted to tank in the expac. He went above and beyond, leveled to 80 quickly, crafted his gear and ran heriocs to become as geared as possible for naxx. He impressed me with his detication and determination for his position, he worked hard to get it, it was not expected from his end.
So essentially this is just a basic concept of what I feel a MT or core tank should possess. Getting upset over your guilds decisions might just be a factor of your overall attitude and if not that then maybe something else. Maybe you just need to re-evalute yourself as well, maybe your missing something or theres some issue why the GM doesn't recognize you for that position I don't know. But I wish you luck and hope it works out for you. I had an issue with guild leadership of a previous guild with its structure and leadership along with a few other core raiders. So after communicating our concerns and issues and having nothing done afterwards, I just built my own guild with our views
One last thing. There are alot of smart people on these forums unlike wow forums with good advise and expierence. If you don't take the time or care what I have to say thats ok. But don't brush off all the ideas and rebuttals people have posted here.



