Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hit cap down 8%?

Elsie
Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:05 pm
This really isn't too surprising. It's now 5% base and +1% per level instead of a curve.
gibborim
Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:44 am
My melee swings at the very least seem to have a hit cap of 6%. I have 2000 swings at 6.07% hit on my BE with 0 misses. Also, naked except my Jawbone, I have 1500 swings with almost exactly 6% miss.
Jappobra
Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:39 am
I was noticing the same when checking recount of an entire night. I was running with 7% hit and no misses at all. Then a guildy told me that for some classes they included the former hit talent in their chance to miss. I guess it's just rumors, but it's be nice to see some straight numbers on this cause I am getting near the 9% hit.
_________________
Janduin
Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:56 am
I think I need to try this myself with one of the boss target dummies. I do not gear for hit directly in my prot set, so it probably won't affect me much there, but I have some choices with regard to ret gear that make the actual hit cap very important to know.

Second, is wand hit chance the same as that of spells? My girlfriend is a mage and I'd like to do a similar study to test her hit cap if possible.
_________________
gibborim
Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:07 pm
Alot of there testing is using a questionable sample size of less than 5000 to gauge naked hit. They need to be testing at inciments of %hit for more accurate results.
Majiben
Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:56 pm
I can confirm that at 7.47% hit I still get misses. Have yet to see one at 8% hit.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus