Skip to content
Maintankadin

Stamina and our Warrior counterparts

Worldie
Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:24 pm
Fact:
Any warrior sporting more than 30k HP is just idiot cause he's gemming stamina everywhere.


Since our EH is like, 2-3k more than their due to block, i don't see issues in this.

I also have yet to see a warrior with more HP than me on our server (which is pretty high populated with a few hardcore guilds), and i have only 28300 unbuffed. That means they got brain.
_________________

Uord - Prot Warrior
Darkworldie - Death Knight

Tanking... srs business
Vioarr
Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:57 am
I'm at about 27.6 base, and 36.1 raid buffed.

Honestly there really isn't anyone but me main tanking all encounters in Naxx, largely because of my HP, TPS as well as my sheer ease to heal and survivability.

It's really about your ability to survive (Rehashing old post) moreso than your HP; and I don't know about anyone else but I've been seeing a lot of tanks getting roflstomped in Naxx, and none of them are Paladins.

I will say though, it's nice to know that I'm already 3-4k over my tank counterparts, and we're getting another patch to boost our stamina.
_________________
Zironic
Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:07 am
Here I was thinking my HP was getting decent with 24.8k and then you go and tell me you have 3k more, geez.
Salamandra
Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:18 am
I have 30004 hp unbuffed... I haven't seen a warrior higher on my server.

On a side note, I think focusing on avoidance over stamina is largely a waste of time. Due to DR, with reasonable gear the amount of avoidance you gain is pathetic... and while the small increase in stamina isn't startling either, at least it's reliable.
_________________
Ashmadai
Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:59 am
I think focusing on stamina and ignoring avoidance is largely a waste of time. =P I think having a balance on your gear, as it has always been, is the best way to go. It's not really like you have a choice anyway, because tank gear is going to have avoidance and stam on it anyway. You can only really tinker one way or the other a fairly small amount with trinkets and such.
_________________
Ratanna
Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:58 pm
i have 31k unbuffed. click sig for armory link.
_________________

Ratanna
Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:11 pm
cuz everything is a joke melee wise in the game.

the only bosses that hit hard are Sartharion with 3 drakes (enraged breaths), malycgos who does a killer arcane breath, and sapphiron (kind of). 2% mit is guaranteed mit on those 28k breaths. spell mit for the win.

I tank everything just fine. Still more upgrades to be had though. i will probably hit 32k by the end of monday.
_________________