Skip to content
Maintankadin

Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis - WotLK/3.x

Amaranthea
Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:50 pm
Fridmarr wrote:
Majiben wrote:Yeah sorry I usually write down additive multiplier as (1+ x% +y%)


I thought the BV meta only considered block value on gear and that Redoubt was ignored?


This is consistent with them being additive isn't it?

(gear * meta) + (gear * redoubt)
Majiben
Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:51 pm
Well that's one way to say that they are additve rather than multiplicative. Though it is a bit inaccurate since you aren't taking str into account. The X and Y look like this in this case:

Code: Select all
(1+.30+.05)
Amaranthea
Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:53 pm
Majiben wrote:Well that's one way to say that they are additve rather than multiplicative. Thpugh it is a bit inaccurate since you aren't taking str into account. The X and Y look like this in this case:

Code: Select all
(1+.30+.05)


Yeah this is the easiest way to put it.
theckhd
Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:57 pm
I've changed my MATLAB code to be
Code: Select all
block_value=(STR.*0.5 + Gear_BV + extra_BV).*(Redoubt + BV_Meta);

Where Redoubt = 1.3 (or 1.x with x talent points) and BV_Meta is 0.05 (or 0 if you don't have it gemmed).

Also, I feel bad about the thread title - It's not my spreadsheet, it's Jonesy's. I've just taken the math from his spreadsheet and put it into MATLAB, which is (basically) a programming language, so that I can do analysis more easily.

"Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis" would be more accurate, but I still feel bad that Jonesy doesn't somehow get credit for doing 90% of the work.
theckhd
Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:40 pm
OK, doing a little bit of reworking here. First of all, from now on all the new plots will use character sheet strength as the x-axis. Thus, the axis is:

Code: Select all
x=(Base_STR+Gear_STR).*DS;

which should correctly reflect what's seen on the character sheet. Also, I fixed the base STR and STA values, which were 173 and 163 respectively (which included talent contributions - thus, they were double dipping).

The new base stats are:
Code: Select all
%base stats
Base_STR=151;
Base_STA=143;
Base_AGI=90;
Base_INT=98;
Base_SPI=108;
Base_AP=220;
Base_exp=0;  %for racial expertise - 3 for humans with mace/sword,
             %                       5 for dwarves with mace


Please let me (and Jonesy) know if these are incorrect.

Since it's buried in the other thread, here are the m-files again, in case anyone wants to check my code - you can open them in firefox and it treats them like a text file:
compare_ratings.m - performs the calculation that generates the plots in this post
PallyTPS.m -does the base calculation, exactly like the spreadsheet
stats_recalc.m - required for the others to work, takes base stats and calculates net values used in ability_recalc
ability_recalc.m - required for the others to work, calculates DPS and TPS for our abilities

Plots to come shortly