baneoftruth
Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:58 pm
Re: Some preliminary conclusions concerning avoidance in 3.2
holy crap, Theck, that's some amazing (and fast!) work!

baneoftruth wrote:holy crap, Theck, that's some amazing (and fast!) work!
Nadir wrote:Alright, so in top end non-hard mode Ulduar 25 gear that's purely focused on stamina stacking, I sit at 674 defense rating, 514 dodge rating, 195 parry rating. For my red gem choice in 3.2 I'll still be getting more bang for my avoidance buck out of 15 STA, 10 Dodge than 15 STA, 10 Parry or 15 STA, 10 AGI.
theckhd wrote:
- Take current ratings and subtract out 689 def, 96 dodge, and 64 parry
- Figure out your current ratio of dodge:def:parry
- if one of these is higher than the ideal ratio of 2.4:1.8:1, swap out some of the rating that's above the target ratio for a rating that's below or at the target value.
- Recalculate and lather, rinse, repeat.
jere wrote:I think there may be a mistake in your equation. I see you are using the same C value for both dodge and parry. Shouldn't you be using different C values for different types of avoidance?
EDIT:
Actually, looking at your equation, it isn't really doing what you want it to do. You can't really assume the difference will be 0.14570712 at every level of dodge and parry.