Skip to content
Maintankadin

A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

theckhd
Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Well, that's interesting. As far as I can tell, there's no DR on block at all:

Code: Select all
Linear model Poly1:
     f(x) = p1*x + p2
Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
       p1 =      0.9999  (0.9991, 1.001)
       p2 =          13  (12.99, 13.01)

Goodness of fit:
  SSE: 0.0001973
  R-square: 1
  Adjusted R-square: 1
  RMSE: 0.004966

13% from base+spec, and perfectly linear scaling with mastery. Maybe they decided to remove it, or maybe the character sheet isn't reporting it correctly. Hopping on beta, I see the same behavior on my level 87 (30% block, 17% mastery).
Klaudandus
Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Ok, finished Naked thru 7 sets for HoW, also Light's Hammer and Execution Sentence - lvl 80 dummy from Argent Tournament. (The Str/AP/SP is the same as the previous sets, but still wrote it down on the google doc to verify)

I should have the seal information in about 20 minutes or so -- i'll think of something for the prism, eternal flame and sacred shield, if it works, expect the data by noon at the earliest.

Doing seals, noticed something -- SoR has to be pure spell damage, i was hitting a lvl 80 next to the raiding dummy and both were getting the same damage practically.
Klaudandus
Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Seals data - same gear sets as before.

Also added extra entries to the mastery spreadsheet -- managed to squeeze a couple of extra hundred mastery from gems and enchants, for some reason, the mastery enchant for bracers doesn't work.
Klaudandus
Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:17 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Prism data - skipped gear sets #2 and #5 for sake of brevity -- will do those if needed later today.

Still trying to think how I can test flame and sacred shield -- will prolly work on them more seriously once I come back from grocery shopping (hooray for fridays off)
theckhd
Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:30 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Easiest thing is probably to get someone else to attack you with something that does more damage than the shield absorbs. Do that for a few different AP levels just so we can check the scaling. I'd offer, but I'll be traveling for the next week.
Klaudandus
Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:37 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

theckhd wrote:Easiest thing is probably to get someone else to attack you with something that does more damage than the shield absorbs. Do that for a few different AP levels just so we can check the scaling. I'd offer, but I'll be traveling for the next week.


Currently have a lvl 84 camel hitting me, everything is getting absorbed - cept when the shield drops
theckhd
Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:43 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

One big attack would be better though, since it would consume the entire shield at once (and thus every absorb would be the full amount of the shield, rather than having to sum over several attacks).
Klaudandus
Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:48 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

the only way I can see that happening, in a controlled situation, is in a duel.
theckhd
Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:59 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Yeah, I was thinking a duel with a 2H-wielding class (Ret, UH DK, Arms Warr) would do the trick.
Klaudandus
Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Q:Is it still intended for block to have diminishing returns? I'm looking at some data this evening, and as far as I can tell we're getting exactly 1% block for every 1% mastery all the way up to around 38% block (which is as high as my data set goes). If there were any meaningful DR on block (i.e., a cap lower than 1000 or so), I should have seen some nonlinearity by that point. But it's perfectly linear.

The data set is gathered from the character sheet, so it's possible (though unlikely, in my mind) that the character sheet block percentage just isn't updating properly.

A:Nope, Block chance does not DR.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ge=97#1930

Well, that solves that.

No mention on whether Hammer of Wrath proccing Divine Purpose is a bug or not.
KysenMurrin
Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:15 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

He posted that it was a bug left over from the Cataclysm version of Divine Purpose and will be fixed.
Klaudandus
Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:17 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Yeah, I was the one that asked him =P
KysenMurrin
Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:22 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Haha. The posts he quotes never include the name of the original posters. (Though I correctly guessed Theck as the one asking about DR on block.)
Klaudandus
Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:24 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

KysenMurrin wrote:Haha. The posts he quotes never include the name of the original posters. (Though I correctly guessed Theck as the one asking about DR on block.)


Yeah, I had to ask twice -- the first time around, the question went unanswered =P
Ophilil
Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:58 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Hello.
So I hit level 88 and was going to hit a dummy for a while for #29 but I cannot find a level 90 Dummy. Been through Org/Undercity/TB, but havent been to the new Mists capital, and all I find level 85 and ?? dummies but not level 90. Maybe I'm blind (or they arent in the old world) but can you point me to them? Or does the dummy even matter at this point?
Klaudandus
Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:11 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

There are no lvl 90 dummies =(

It sucks, I know.
Ophilil
Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:15 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Well thats no fun. I guess I'll get back to leveling so I can test the level 90 stuff
Klaudandus
Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Ophilil wrote:Well thats no fun. I guess I'll get back to leveling so I can test the level 90 stuff


you can help me out by killing me =P
Klaudandus
Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Eternal Flame logs
Naked, Set 1, 3, 5 and 7 -- ran out of time really but thanks to Gab for helping out by smashing me on the face
Klaudandus
Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Sacred Shield is a bitch to properly test... unfortunately, gab was too low lvl to consistently burst my bubble past set #2, plus we didn't have time for him to whack a dummy to get an idea of what his attacks do on average.

It only has the log for naked and set #2, in part because I forgot to record set #1, I suck
Gab
Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

theckhd wrote:One big attack would be better though, since it would consume the entire shield at once (and thus every absorb would be the full amount of the shield, rather than having to sum over several attacks).


Just curious, after beatin' Klaud like he owes me money, is it even possible to get one big attack? AFAIK, even with a /stopattack macro, one white swing is always going to go through and then there's also hand of light...

I don't know if a white swing alone would be enough, even if I were at 90 with a higher ilvl/top end weapon, to break the shield at some of the higher gear sets.
Klaudandus
Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Oh FFS
Crusader Strike damage and additional damage decreased by 19%.
Skye1013
Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Gab wrote:
theckhd wrote:One big attack would be better though, since it would consume the entire shield at once (and thus every absorb would be the full amount of the shield, rather than having to sum over several attacks).


Just curious, after beatin' Klaud like he owes me money, is it even possible to get one big attack? AFAIK, even with a /stopattack macro, one white swing is always going to go through and then there's also hand of light...

I don't know if a white swing alone would be enough, even if I were at 90 with a higher ilvl/top end weapon, to break the shield at some of the higher gear sets.

Is the shield physical only? Or does the test require it to be physical? If not, a caster (mage pyroblast for instance) could probably shatter it.
Klaudandus
Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Skye1013 wrote:
Gab wrote:
theckhd wrote:One big attack would be better though, since it would consume the entire shield at once (and thus every absorb would be the full amount of the shield, rather than having to sum over several attacks).


Just curious, after beatin' Klaud like he owes me money, is it even possible to get one big attack? AFAIK, even with a /stopattack macro, one white swing is always going to go through and then there's also hand of light...

I don't know if a white swing alone would be enough, even if I were at 90 with a higher ilvl/top end weapon, to break the shield at some of the higher gear sets.

Is the shield physical only? Or does the test require it to be physical? If not, a caster (mage pyroblast for instance) could probably shatter it.


it could, but I still need someone to whack me, and only gab has had the chance to do so...
Skye1013
Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

I've got 85s, but most people are off to bed before I'm able to log in, so not sure if I'd be of any help. Don't have any 90s though. Not sure if that would be an issue.