Skip to content
Maintankadin

Sacred Shield

Veilan
Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:39 am
I usually hit it once before the pull so it's off the GCD, and recast it occasionally when the situation suggests it would be favourable (healer snared or in lots of stress, expecting spike damage from a caster, etc.). It's not bad to have.
_________________
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Candiru
Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:48 am
If I have a sacred shield on me from Holy paladin A, and it procs, now holy paladin A gets +50%crit for foL until I take damage again, but does HolyPaladinB also get this?

And if I have 4 Sacred shields on me, could server lag let multiple ones proc at the same time? Or has it been tested that you gain no benefit from multiple ones?
Widdox
Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:01 am
I would assume that on a particular hit only one sacred shield can be active. But since its a 5 sec absorb. I was under the impression that my Sacred Shield and the Holy's Sacred Shield would both work as long as we didn't put them up at the exact time.

If Paladin A put it up at 0.00 sec and I did it at 2.5 sec, wouldn't the Shield aternate absorbing?
_________________
Oldtom
Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:23 pm
Use it period end of story. This should not be a topic of debate this thread should not of made it to three pages.

Obviously assuming you do not have a Holy paladin.



You have an ability that absorbs damage every six seconds, not a small amount of damage either. About 1k every time.


There are 3 major rolls in tanking.
1. Maintaining threat: Threat is typically not an issue.
2. Maintaining position on mobs: Yes this is a roll in tanking, keeping mobs in front of you is huge in particular when fighting multiple mobs.
3. Reducing damage taken.

Fact Sacred Shield reduces the damage you take.
Fact Sacred Shield is only castable by Paladins.
Fact you have a big enough threat lead on pretty much anything to use it.
Fact hitting Sacred Shield will not alter your positioning.


Sure be lazy on easy content, be lazy when you have a holy paladin. But use it an reapply it. If you have issues reapplying it then make a macro for Sacred Shield which ties it to stop watch so it goes off at 25 seconds.


(basically you cast sacred shield, you see a nice little timer counting down and you hear a ding after 25 seconds (when sacred shield is about to fall off). You can usually find a GCD to use it in that time.




End of debate.


Short version:
If you out gear content, sure be lazy do not use it.
If you have a holy paladin they should do it.
Otherwise use it and stop being bad.
Eroslight
Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:17 pm
What I want to know is the +50% to Flash of Light.
When does that go into effect? When I (as tank) absorb something then the healer who cast it on me gets the buff? Or do I get the buff?

Or what? Slightly confused on this here and it seems like I can never get it to proc accurately to test it out.
Ewige
Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:23 pm
You (or whoever cast the shield that procced) get the buff during the shield proc (not the 30 sec buff), afik. So it might go away too quickly sometimes.
_________________
Eiv
Spectrum
Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:20 pm
Hi, this post is all about Sacred Shield, REAL SACRED SHIELD. This post is awesome. My name is Spectrum and I can't stop thinking about Sacred Shield. This spell is cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.


Facts:

1. Sacred Shield is a spell.
2. Sacred Shield procs ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the Sacred Shield is to proc out and absorb damage.


Weapons and gear:





Paladin Sword



Paladin Shield



Paldin Outfit



Testimonial:

Sacred Shield can protect anyone it wants! Sacred Shield absorbs damage ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. This spell is so crazy and awesome that it procs out ALL the time. I heard that there was this Sacred Shield who was tanking at a raid. And when some dude dropped a light well the sacred shield absorbed the whole fight. My friend Mark said that he saw a sacred shield totally absorb some breath attack just because the breath attack was done by a dragon.

And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't believe that sacred shield has REAL Ultimate Power you better get a life right now or they will absorb your killing blow!!! It's an easy choice, if you ask me.

Sacred Shield is sooooooooooo sweet that I want to crap my pants. I can't believe it sometimes, but I feel it inside my heart. This spell is totally awesome and that's a fact. Sacred Shield is fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful, and sweet. I can't wait to start tanking next year. I love sacred shield with all of my body (including my pee pee).


Q and A:.

Q: Why is everyone so obsessed about sacred shield?
A: Sacred Shield are the ultimate paradox. On the one hand they don't give a crap, but on the other hand, sacred shields are very careful and precise.

Q: I heard that sacred shields are always slow or weak. What's their problem?
A: Whoever told you that is a total liar. Just like other spells, sacred can be slow OR totally awesome.

Q: What do sacred shields do when they're not absorbing hateful strikes or proccing off?

A: Most of their free time is spent flying, but sometime they proc. (Ask Mark if you don't believe me.)
_________________


No really, I'm not addicted.
Ewige
Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:30 pm
Yo dawg, we heard you like sacred shield, so we put a shield inside your sacred shield so you can block while you absorb.
_________________
Eiv
Threatco
Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:52 pm
Sacred Shield FAQ

Question 1

Does Scared Shield "Damage absorb" buff stack?

Answer: (I don't know)


Question 2

If I cast Scared Shield "Damage absorb" buff on my self, without procing it, and then my healdin casts Scared Shield "Damage absorb" buff on me, does the healdin's cast;

A. Do nothing. (A stronger spell all ready active or something)
B. Remove and replace the Scared Shield "Damage absorb" buff that I cast.
C. Become a second layer of protection with it's own timer.


Answer: (I don't know)


Question 3

Can 2 paladins have the Scared Shield "50% to crit" buff on the same tank at the same time under any condition?

Answer: (I don't know)

Question 4

Will a flash of light cast by ANY paladin on TANK1 gain "50% chance to crit"? when ever any Scared Shield on TANK1 procs?

Answer: I think only the paladin who casts Sacred Shield will get their flash of lights buffed. And only on the person who he cast it on.

Question 5

If I cast Scared Shield "Damage absorb" buff on my self, Then take 3k damage procing it and using the damage shield, and then my healdin casts Scared Shield "Damage absorb" buff on me, does the healdin's cast;

A. Do nothing. (A stronger spell all ready active or something)

B. Remove and replace the Scared Shield "50% to crit" buff that I have.

C. Become a layer of protection with it's own timer, and CAN proc to give the healdin "+50% to crit" that will REPLACE my "+50% to crit" buff.

D. Become a layer of protection with it's own timer, and CAN proc to give the healdin "+50% to crit" that will STACK with my "+50% to crit" buff

E. Become a layer of protection with it's own timer, and CANT proc to give the healdin "+50% to crit" until my "+50% to crit" wears off.

Answer: (I don't know)

Please help me fill the gaps in my understanding.
_________________

Limitation strictly defined by motivation - Edan
Warning. I edit my posts.
Lithiny
Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:46 am

sacred shield

I have been spamming it on anyone in range while tanking sapphiron. The healers say they notice immediately its effects.
_________________
Noradin
Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:30 am
Sacred Shield FAQ

Question 1

Does Scared Shield "Damage absorb" buff stack?

Answer:

Whatever you mean with "Damage absorb buff"; the term indicates the proc but you describe it like the castabel buff.

You can have more than one of those castable buffs, but only one of them will actually do something.


Question 2

If I cast Scared Shield "Damage absorb" buff on my self, without procing it, and then my healdin casts Scared Shield "Damage absorb" buff on me, does the healdin's cast;

A. Do nothing. (A stronger spell all ready active or something)
B. Remove and replace the Scared Shield "Damage absorb" buff that I cast.
C. Become a second layer of protection with it's own timer.


Answer: You can have more than one of those castable buffs on you but they share their inner cooldown and only one of them will actually proc.


Question 3

Can 2 paladins have the Scared Shield "50% to crit" buff on the same tank at the same time under any condition?

Answer: Only the paladin who casted the buff which proced will gain the 50% crit.

Question 4

Will a flash of light cast by ANY paladin on TANK1 gain "50% chance to crit"? when ever any Scared Shield on TANK1 procs?

Answer: Only the paladin who casts Sacred Shield will get their flash of lights buffed. And only on the person who he cast it on.

Question 5

If I cast Scared Shield "Damage absorb" buff on my self, Then take 3k damage procing it and using the damage shield, and then my healdin casts Scared Shield "Damage absorb" buff on me, does the healdin's cast;

A. Do nothing. (A stronger spell all ready active or something)

B. Remove and replace the Scared Shield "50% to crit" buff that I have.

C. Become a layer of protection with it's own timer, and CAN proc to give the healdin "+50% to crit" that will REPLACE my "+50% to crit" buff.

D. Become a layer of protection with it's own timer, and CAN proc to give the healdin "+50% to crit" that will STACK with my "+50% to crit" buff

E. Become a layer of protection with it's own timer, and CANT proc to give the healdin "+50% to crit" until my "+50% to crit" wears off.

Answer: E. You will have both castable buffs with their own duration, but they share their inner cooldown and only one of them will proc at a time.
_________________