Skip to content
Maintankadin

JoL TPS in Wrath-25 content.

Serelynn
Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:04 pm
So long, and good riddance. It was fun breaking 10,000 sustained TPS on many fights, but totally unnecessary and broken. It made a lot of other tanks feel useless, while it is amazing that paladins are such awesome tanks, it would suck to be on the other end as a different class and have less than half the potential TPS of a paladin.
_________________


"I've come to the conclusion that I'm not actually living. I'm just killing time." - tiny ghosts, 74
Elsie
Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:27 pm
unnecessary chance is unnecessary.
Nicki
Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:11 am
Thankfully prot paladins wont have threat issues it seems...

And damn about time JoL got this change.
_________________
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Suzytincan
Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:35 am
I guess what I don't understand is why people hated the threat from it, yet are still ok with not being compensated for the threat. I'm not trying to be a troll, I'm just trying to follow the logic. I can see Serelynn's point, but I don't think that is where most people are coming from on this. Here's how it plays out in my mind:

The common argument that I saw was that Judgement of Light was inconsistent and/or problematic because the level of AoE damage to raiders could turn it into a ton of AoE threat or could turn it into a ton of overhealing.

The lack of threat due to overhealing is only a problem if you don't have enough threat without it. It would seem that anyone who was experiencing this problem would be upset that we aren't being compensated.

The only other scenario I can think of where it was a problem was if there were multiple tanks and you kept pulling threat off of the other tanks due to JoL threat. In this case you could just switch to a different judgement. Again, this should only be problematic if your threat without JoL is insufficient so I would think that players experiencing this issue would also want to be compensated.

Again, I'm not trying to troll. I'm legitimately trying to understand the other players' mindset. For me it was just another potential source of AoE threat (and admittedly, it was one that wasn't fair to the other tanks). I used it when I wanted that threat and didn't use it when I didn't want that threat. Its not a huge loss to me and I'll quickly adjust (and I'll like the additional mana from using JoW all the time now)... I'm just curious why so many people hated it if our threat is fine without it.

Edit: One other scenario that came to mind: If you were trying to build second threat and had to choose between using JoL and skyrocketing above the main tank or using JoW and falling behind in threat. If you could keep up with JoW then having threat from JoL doesn't cause a problem.. just don't use it. But if you're threat isn't sufficient without it, then I would anticipate you'd want to be compensated.
_________________
Suzytincan - 70 BE Paladin, Blackhand, US
0/55/6
CircuAuchindoun
Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:02 am
/sadface

Blue post stating they are removing all threat generated by JoL in the next patch. No more ripping off your offtanks with a simple judgment. (Oh, dont tell me you haven't judged light on X to to see what happens?)
_________________
Paladin (Circu) - Protection (3/56/12) - Auchindoun (Horde)
Equitas
Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:10 am
90% OF JOL Heals except on Saphiron are Overheals, these dont cause aggro as far as i know
_________________
Lies! You just don't want us to see your super secret strat involving Voodoo Gnomes!

JUSTISE
Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:32 am
When warriors put vigilance on me, the tps seem to avg out a lil better. It's useful if the warrior is MTing. The more tps I do, the better his tps is. I don't know why bliz is really nerfing this threat. U can't make completely EQUAL threat being generated amonst the 4 tanking classes, someone has to be better at TPS.
_________________
Chunes
Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:17 am
patchwerk is not really a valid test for tank threat since it's arbitrarily inflated by the boss mechanics anyway.

Loatheb might be a better candidate for a TPS exhibition provided you don't get hit w/ a spore.
_________________
Equitas
Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:48 am
Faerlina is better for that id say since all you have to do is Tank and spank
_________________
Lies! You just don't want us to see your super secret strat involving Voodoo Gnomes!