Skip to content
Maintankadin

DPS in tanking spec?

Cearn
Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:06 am
I actually meant "how do C&D compare to A/B?"
_________________
Cearn - 80 Tanking Paladin - EU Anetheron
Romosch - 73 Farming Hunter - EU Anetheron
Aegìs - 12 Drill Priest in spe - EU Anetheron
"gay porn is gay."
Scottzirra
Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:40 pm
I actually play with this some, even though I usually maintank, because I like big numbers, and talking trash to our dps that fall below me in dps on boss fights =P.

In my full tank kit, which can be viewed at http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Destromath&n=Scottzirra (if my fishing pole and goggles are on, it of course is not my standard gear) and full raid buffed, I push 2.2-2.4k dps on boss fights if I tank. I definitely clear 2k dps on most boss fights.

My current goal is to stack as much BV as i can which i estimate to be ~250BV using:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42987 which works out to ~190 constant str, or ~400 ap, ~100BV
There are several other upgrades that I have on a wish list, but the total gain from my gear to there is around 250BV.

The only slots left without BV on them are 1 trinket, and the shoulders.

Obviously the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40684 would be good, but http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37872 could also be good.

Obviously some ret shoulders would fill the set out. However, until I drop the gear I can only speculate on what I suppose would be ideal.