Skip to content
Maintankadin

Anyone else worried about the future

Eaglestrike
Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:28 am
I do far more dps while tanking than any other tank I have seen in WotLK. And I have an 80 healer. No one else has come close to my DPS (honestly I have yet to see another tank over 1600 dps or so) and I don't use double ShoR.

We're fine now, maybe even more than fine. Blizzard has shown they're not doing this like they used to be, the only thing to be worried about in the future is a patch will come to make us slightly weaker in an optimal situation than other tanks and the patch to buff us will come slower than we'd like. But even if that happens the gap will still be far less than in BC, so I'm really not afraid.
_________________
Andox
Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:14 am
Only thing I would like to have is some sort of a manadump. DK's can dump all their RP and Warriors can dump their rage when they are at 100%. We can't do that with our mana. I constantly think about that when I'm tanking bosses and I'm on full mana. Some ability with no CD and moderate damage + threat would be nice.
Salamandra
Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:39 am
It's not like in Burning Crusade when you use your three relevant abilities (Holy Shield, Consecration and Judge/Seal) and then have to wait until things have cooled down before pressing anything. Every global cooldown is taken. Moderate damage + threat wouldn't do it, it'd have to be high. Really high. And to justify that it'd need to have a HUGE mana cost.
_________________
LPskater4886
Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:47 am
dont think we need a new ability just wish there was some gear with avoidance and bv hope for that on t8 gear for sure
Spamdrew
Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:42 pm
All we would need was an ability that was off the global cooldown and turned our next attack into holy damage. However for this to be necessary I expect that they would have to nerf or threat generation somewhere else.
_________________