Nadir wrote:Raiding Rets also have the option of dropping Pursuit of Justice for Vindication, while maintaining Improved Blessing of Might and Divine Guardian. If SotP becomes mandatory for DPS then they would still be able to pick up Divine Sacrifice.
I don't honestly see this happening, PoJ is just as good for retribution as it is for protadins as faster run speeds means three things:
-faster run speed to move from target to target, or running back in after an AOE like shockblast on mimiron, helping to maximise their DPS time.
-Make running back in and out or moving into effects like snowdrift to protect against flash freeze, this kind of links back to my first point of maximising DPS time, but this second point is from the survivability stand point where you simply can be left having to move away from 5-6 different things if the RNG decides to kick your ass.
-Not needing tuskuar's vitality (for the above two reasons) leaves room for a better enchant to increase DPS, plus IIRC PoJ is superior to Tuskuar's by a full 7% extra movement speed. (tuskuar's being 8%, PoJ being 15%).
For the sake of two talent points it's too good to be left out.
I foresee rets going with this:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... sion=10116They do have the spare point and could remove the one from Divine Guardian to take 2/2 Vindication but I honestly don't see it happening, Divine Guardian is perfect for Retribution, it gives them a little more utility in raids and for the sake of 1 point (okay a little more right now as they usually go for improved too) who can blame them?
Also with Vindication being applied by ALL damaging attacks, things like HotR will apply this debuff to multiple targets so i'll certainly be taking it in my tanking build.
I'll likely be looking at something along these lines should Reakoning turn out to be a significant TPS increase in 3.2:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... sion=10116This is obviously dependant on a lot of things though:
-If 5/5 reakoning is superior to Crusade then i'll drop two points from that to max out reakoning.
-If reakoning turns out to be inferior i'll be putting the points back into Crusade, dropping reakoning and probably putting my extra 3 points back into Divine Sacrifice - shame you can't get to the tiers beyond tier 5 without spending those 3 extra points in prot, otherwise i'd put them into SotP

-Also the option of SotP over Crusade, but I remember reading a post I think from Theck that suggested unless the TPS increase of the new SoV was vastly increased it still wouldn't trump the 3% overall from Crusade, but I guess the jury is still out on this one too

A lot of if, ands and buts in my builds as i'm still waiting to see the numbers on reakoning and SoV before I make my final decision - not to mention everything on the PTR is always subject to change. I'm really just mulling over a few ideas right now, giving myself options to choose from in different situations
