Soralin wrote:You're talking about two separate purposes. The Indestructible potion will significantly reduce the amount of damage you take over its duration, whereas the health potion is a temporary health boost. One is proactive and one is reactive. If you're expecting to take a lot of physical damage pop an armor pot. If you're not, then leave the cooldown free for health potions.
It's also worth noting that you can take an armor pot just prior to pulling and be able to use another potion 60 seconds later, so you can get the best of both worlds. For harder hitting (melee) bosses though, I tend to pick the armor potion (x2) to reduce my DTPS, and rely on my healers for topping me up (or healthstone/trinkets/shieldwalls when appropriate).
Yeah yeah, I use the armor pots before the pull on Auriaya and other places where I expect to be smashed. I was more responding to your claim that you "almost always prefer Indestructible Potion to Health Potions of any kind." Once the fight starts, I know I'm going to be taking a lot of physical damage for the next 5-10 minutes. After the pre-pull armor pot fades, I'd rather save my one-and-only pot cooldown for the arguably better health pot instead of just popping another armor pot.
