Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hand of Reckoning

Worldie
Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:32 pm
There's nothing to be "excited" about.

Everyone should know that this ability is being added for 2 reasons:
1) Paladins don't have a backup taunt
2) Paladins are utterly screwed when they need to taunt a single mob out of a bunch of them, or a mob that doesn't target anything, or a mob who just resetted aggro.
_________________

Uord - Prot Warrior
Darkworldie - Death Knight

Tanking... srs business
Salgado
Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:03 am
I, for one, am very excited about this new taunt. While I agree that it is not really needed, for me it will make things much easier.

Take our [10]Naxx runs, for instance. In the spider wing, trash mostly comes in packs of 4. The other tank and I like to split up mobs evenly, just so we both have something to do (yes, either of us could just tank all of the mobs in any group, but then one of us feels useless.) He normally pulls and I toss my shield and hit 3 of them, then he taunts one off me. We have talked about this and I find it annoying, but I need my AS to pick up the 2.

Now I will be able to glyph my AS and pull only 2. Hit one with AS and one with HoR. Simple. Easy. Makes me happy.
_________________
[10] Naxx - Spider 3/3, Plague 3/3, Abom 2/4, DK 2/3; [10/25] Sarth+0; [10/25] VoA

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what other people say you cannot do...
Rasmfrackn
Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:32 pm
I find myself in annoying situations all the time where the boss tank has accidentally picked up an add or two. Sarth elementals, Maexxna spiders, Grob oozes, etc. So many bosses are tauntable now, that I just can't risk grabbing them, and the MT's HotR and consecrate makes it very hard for me to grab stuff off her after 4 or 5 seconds.

I guess it's not huge for a Maintankadin outside of 4H, but it's a big deal for an all-purpose Tankadin. Smile
_________________
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
calthas
Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:26 am
IMHO the damages this does don't matter. At all. I actually don't see why it scales at all, given teh amount of scale... but whatever.

The fact is that it is a SINGLE TARGET, mob targeted taunt. What else do you want ? Smile I still remember when I taunted KT when taking a guardian, or grob... this was not funny (well, kind of, but...)

And it would be outside the GCD ? This would own...
_________________
aka
Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:30 am
a-new-key-to-push > *

as stated by many of the tankadins here, a single target taunt is something that we somehow missed, but we develloped tactics to live without it.

having a real single target taunt will ease our lives tanking, and that is appreciable.
_________________
Akadurgrim (Ysondre EU) <Wild>
Tankadin/healadin/retadin
calthas
Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:36 am
Yeah, I just don't know where I'm gonna bind this one... my taunt key is not shiftable the way it is now... more thinking ! I need my Holy spec int back ! Smile
_________________
Snake-Aes
Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:58 am
well i'm just using a modifier to choose rd/hor, the cases where RD is a clear advantage are easy to recognize.
_________________
Promoted from Spankadin to Rayearth Magic Knight!
WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Stairway to Heaven
Snake-Aes
Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:20 am
o.o I can't figure out how you have a shift key in your thumb's range on a normal keyboard.

But there are many more modifiers.
_________________
Promoted from Spankadin to Rayearth Magic Knight!
WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Stairway to Heaven
calthas
Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:07 am
No normal keyboard, Nostromo Speedpad n52te Wink

I use the red button above the direction stick to shift, and the thumb button below the stick to taunt. I'll figure it out. I guess.
_________________
_Chloe
Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:08 am
Anyone able to hop on the ptr and get a /combatlog of it being used? I would love to get the spell id's ahead of time to work out a few things like separating the damage from the debuff etc. Send the combatlog.txt to Chloe@tankadinaddon.com please and thanks.
_________________

MainTankadin UI/Addon Forums Moderator
CKaz
Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:21 pm
^ even here the Avenger Shield isn't great /nap as the mob approaches.
Bit more mana than I usually want to dump right out of the gate, too.

I really liked the damage component for tagging, but then Blizz also followed with 'anything that causes aggro now tags' so, frankly the trickle damage probably isn't needed. Be neat if it fit in someones cycle too (Holy solo? Razz) but I'm guessing not.

Be so nice for this to get a utility glyph tho Exclamation
_________________