Skip to content
Maintankadin

102.4 vs 540 - a lot of hp's

Ziggi
Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:20 pm
The ultimate question and therefore answer to this entire thread is....


Can a hit you block crit?

If the answer is no, then simply having 102.4% avoidance will make you uncritable.

If the answer is yes, then the entire argument is moot.
_________________
Ziggi - Relentless - Shattered Hand

Ziggtastic - 80 Tankadin
Ziggi
Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:28 pm
not saying i'd ever do that, but well then if it fits your fancy and you're willing to take the chance, then go for it.

Me, i'll stick with my def min, 28k hp and plenty of avoidance set up... i'd rather not have to explain to 24 other people why my face just got shoved into the floor because a fluke happened.
_________________
Ziggi - Relentless - Shattered Hand

Ziggtastic - 80 Tankadin
Drbeardface
Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:28 pm
Why is this even an issue, getting 540def and reaching 102.4 is quite easily doable with heroic and emblem gear.
Helpunot
Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:20 pm
Previoulsy, I was unable to do both without losing both my JC trinkets. After tonight, I can so the point is moot. In my experience, the tank with the highest health pool is chosen for the tougher fights because people that don't know everything about every single class automatically suppose they are the better tank. For the longest time I was 5k over the next highest tank in guild (540 defense at that time as well).

After tonight, I am evenly matched with the warrior and had I not chosen JC to max my EH over another tank, I probably never would have gotten a chance to be the MT and sit in the light for a while simply because of how paladins were viewed and how the conq group was always screwed in my guild (we had a what we called curse of AK, a warlock in guild since whenever he was in raid, conq never ever dropped) as inferior tanks for so long.

Yeah, I proved I was a viable tank in BC on everything except Brut (never got my shot pre 3.0 due to gearing issues and only every seeing like 1 shadowmoon insignia ever ever drop in guild, which I of course did not receive). They tried me for 3 attempts on brut, full consumables and all and I got gibbed 3 times in a row simply because my gear level could not match the encounter. That is an old story and a w/e story now.

Soooo, tonight 1 drop enabled me to use both JC trinks and be 'unhittable' (to define for some, that means nothing gets through the shield on anything that cant eat all the charges in 1 cd, no I didn't make the term up, it was mentioned elsewhere in these forums and has stuck for me) while losing only maybe 400 health, hence the reason the point is moot now.

You can check my gear as of tonight as I am prot and have it on right now. Fully buffed including Horn of Winter I am around 104.5% avoidance with HS. Pure avoidance with same stats about 55%, this is just to answer some that were asking me what my gear looked like before and what my stats were so on so forth.
blugh
Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:52 pm
Trash stuns would severly hurt your HS uptime if your goin for below crit cap. Sartharion trash comes to mind with their shockwave.
alayire
Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:44 am
the actual question is how does the attack table look like?
if it's : as oposed to :
-------- | ----------------
Miss % | Miss %
Crit % | Dodge %
Dodge % | Parry %
Parry % | Block %
Block % | Crit %
Hit % | Hit %
--------- ------------------
then no. crits will still happen because they won't be pushed off the table.

now this would be something very interesting to test and find out.

but still .. it's not something you would want to be exposed to atleast by my book. a tank should be reliable, someone you can be sure it will not fail, someone you trust.
Helpunot
Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:57 pm
Lag is unfortunate and happens. That was never figured into the equation as I have a pretty solid cable connection that never ever lags, the thought never came to mind. In any case, I lost only 400 hp for both 540 def and 102.4 with buffs sooooo I am just gonna go that route now instead of worrying about the rare possibility of any of the aforementioned (by other people) circumstances happening.

Another week, still no new helm /megasigh. I really haven't wanted to get the conq helm for lack of defensive stats on it and how freakin ugly it is, but after seeing some people saying its best in slot I suppose I will go for it now. And I know some others think it is not best in slot, but I will just have to go for w/e drops first. Our guild is still quite cursed on conq drops even though our holy pallies seem to have full sets lolz.