Skip to content
Maintankadin

On the Effectiveness of Various Threat Stats for Tankadins

Joanadark
Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:00 pm
Damage breakdown:

Consecration- 28,507 24%
Seal of Righteousness- 23,725 20%
Melee- 20,943 17%
Judgement of Righteousness- 20,513 17%
Holy Shield- 8760 7%
Exorcism- 11,536 9%
DMC:V- 1469 1%
Thorns- 1393 1%


Threat Breakdown:

Offensive Threat Sources:
Consecration- 54163.3 (23.642%)
Seal of Righteousness- 45077.5 (19.676%)
Judgement of Righteousness- 38974.7 (17.01%)
Holy Shield- 22469.4 (9.807%)
Exorcism- 21918.4 (9.567%)
Melee- 20,943 (9.14%)
DMC:V- 2791.1
Thorns- 1393

Subtotal- 207730.4

Ambient Threat Sources:
Lifebloom- 3923.5
Spiritual Attunement- 9074.5
Judgement of Wisdom- 2738
Dark Rune- 741
Mana Potion- 973.5
Mana Spring- 37.5
Self Buffing- 3875

229093.4 total threat
174.976 seconds

1309.28 TPS sustained.
_________________
"Misunderstanding the Tankadin is forgivable.

In many ways we are still learning to understand ourselves."

www.joanadark.tankspot.com
fiorina
Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:25 pm
hehe, nice... 3 minutes fight, spelldmg trinket + BL + retri aura, would be great if we could use it everywhere /sad

Btw any special threat related reason for windfury over wizard oil?
_________________
Joanadark
Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:37 pm
This wasnt really a great example of a personal best for the fight.
There were multiple points during the encounter where I fumbled my rotation a little bit, and I should have opened with a Destro potion but I was concerned about what the mana situation was going to be.
_________________
"Misunderstanding the Tankadin is forgivable.

In many ways we are still learning to understand ourselves."

www.joanadark.tankspot.com
Joanadark
Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:19 pm
at my spell damage level, Windfury>WoA anyway.
_________________
"Misunderstanding the Tankadin is forgivable.

In many ways we are still learning to understand ourselves."

www.joanadark.tankspot.com
Lore
Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:23 am
WF totem is a 20% chance per swing to have an extra swing. I'm pretty sure the totem version of Windfury doesn't have a hidden cooldown. That should make it pretty close to 20% extra TPS from your seal (the extra swing can miss/dodge/parry so it won't land all the time).

In comparison to a straight 50 TPS from WoA, that would mean your seal would need to be doing over 250 TPS on its own before Windfury becomes more effective in a single-target situation. Windfury obviously remains largely useless in AOE tanking situations.
_________________
You wanted to raid but didn't get far, cuz everyone transferred to the P! T! R!
Lore
Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:16 am
Hrm, I just had another thought: if you're using Windfury, you're not using Wizard Oil (they don't stack), so you're missing out on that 42 spell damage as well.

Also worth mentioning that, assuming both you and the shaman are in a "tank group", WoA benefits the shaman more than Windfury would. It also benefits any Warlocks, Resto Druids, Holy Paladins, or whatever else may be in your group giving you aura buffs like Blood Pact or Tree of Life. So even if it doesn't always out-threat Windfury it might still be a better choice overall depending on your group makeup.

EDIT: Clarification
_________________
You wanted to raid but didn't get far, cuz everyone transferred to the P! T! R!
Joanadark
Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:14 am
In a group stacked in my favor, I would probably take WoA plus a Wizard Oil.

We don't stack groups in my favor however. So I make do with what I have to work with.

As I mentioned earlier, this parse wasnt representative of the highest TPS I am capable of if I didn't make the couple mistakes I did and if my group was stacked optimally and I had the freedom to decide what group buffs were going down.

Its worth noting too that I run with the 4-peice T6 "10% more damage to your Consecration" bonus, which would cause the +damage from WoA or a Wizard Oil to be even more benefitial that they would baseline.

I don't think I got a heroism either, at least I don't remember it. I'd have to go back in and look.

We did this kill with no less than 4 resto shamans in the raid, so I have no idea why I wasnt getting an Earthshield either.
_________________
"Misunderstanding the Tankadin is forgivable.

In many ways we are still learning to understand ourselves."

www.joanadark.tankspot.com
fiorina
Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:18 am
Can someone make a simple function or graph of spelldmg vs wf effectiveness to your threat?
_________________