Skip to content
Maintankadin

A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

theckhd
Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Jere's LH data: w/o SoI, w/SoI

Both show a healing range of 5784-6502; thus LH is not affected by SoI.
jere
Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:29 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Sorry I wasn't able to get to it before launch Theck. With the baby being sick and my sister's wedding 12 hours away, I was just too tired to do anything when I got home and had time.
Fetzie
Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Hotfixes that just went in:

One of our goals with our active mitigation tanking model is that you have opportunities to trade significant survivability for more damage when maximum survivability isn’t required. For example, a Warrior could opt to use their rage for Heroic Strike instead of Shield Block or Shield Barrier. This damage gain is intended to be relatively small, and not worth the loss in survivability when actively tanking.

However, for Protection Paladins, this trade-off was much too lucrative. For maximum survivability, Protection Paladins are intended to use Seal of Insight, since it provides a buff to their self-healing, and also provides a significant self-heal on their melee in combination with Vengeance. Unfortunately, when using Seal of Insight, their damage was too low compared to the other tanks. When using Seal of Truth, their damage was too high. So, we’ve increased Protection Paladin damage in general to compensate for Seal of Insight’s relatively low output, while simultaneously reducing the damage of Seal of Truth to bring it into line.

Holy Wrath now deals 100% more damage.
Avenger's Shield now deals 50% more damage.
Seal of Truth and Censure now deal 80% less damage for Protection Paladins only.


http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2385 ... hot-fixes/
theckhd
Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Ugh. Seriously, fuck Seal of Insight tanking.
Fenris
Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

theckhd wrote:Ugh. Seriously, fuck Seal of Insight tanking.

That was the plan all along,we just didn't catch it

Nor did anyone else


Yeah,totally true....


















BUT looking at the bright side,glyph of the battle healer now looks really good compared to before...


...


....sigh
Klaudandus
Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:10 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

theckhd wrote:Ugh. Seriously, fuck Seal of Insight tanking.


It would be nice to have you show up at that thread.


I mean... did we ever receive the memo on SoI being our tanking seal?
Fetzie
Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:23 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Pyrea wrote:The following attacks proc Battle Healer:

Melee Swing (obviously)
Crusader Strike
Hammer of the righteous (also splash damage effect)
Shield of the Righteous

Judgement, Avenger's Shield, Holy Wrath, Consecrate and Hammer of Wrath do NOT proc Battle Healer.

Using the crude, yet effective method of standing at a training dummy and seeing what makes a green number appear over a city guard.
theckhd
Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:27 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

If anyone has time, could I get some updated logs for AS, Holy Wrath, and SoT/Censure? Usual method: write down AP and SP, melee a dummy (any level) with SoT active and using AS/HW on cooldown. Repeat for 2 or 3 different gear sets (Naked, fully geared, and one or two somewhere in-between).
Klaudandus
Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:40 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

I was planning to do that once I get home.
Fetzie
Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:10 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

theckhd wrote:If anyone has time, could I get some updated logs for AS, Holy Wrath, and SoT/Censure? Usual method: write down AP and SP, melee a dummy (any level) with SoT active and using AS/HW on cooldown. Repeat for 2 or 3 different gear sets (Naked, fully geared, and one or two somewhere in-between).


I can do that.

with full gear equipped
Damage 7354-11166
3563 dps
15774 AP
7887 SP
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ykaxrbdyp2osq2l6/

naked with white vendor weapon and shield:
damage: 105-115
49.98 dps
602 AP
301 SP
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/072s1rtbr37p3167/
theckhd
Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:36 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Did you have focused shield glyphed?
<edit> And are those damage values you've given the weapon's tooltip damage or your character sheet damage?
Klaudandus
Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Got a question, do you want us to use the 1.6 white weapons normally used for testing?
theckhd
Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:43 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

My own data:
15868 AP
8512 AP
2052 AP
All using Maki's Mashing Mace

AS seems consistent with a flat 1.5x boost to both base and AP scaling, but since there's a bit of a range and my data set is limited, I"m going to wait for more data to fine tune it. For now we'll assume they just multiplied everything by 1.5.

Holy Wrath's base damage didn't change, but the SP scaling was doubled (was 0.91*SP, is now 0.91*AP) :
Code: Select all
General model:
     f(x) = a*x+b
Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
       a =        0.91  (0.9099, 0.9101)
       b =        4300  (4300, 4301)

Goodness of fit:
  SSE: 0.3593
  R-square: 1
  Adjusted R-square: 1
  RMSE: 0.3461


Censure's formula is consistent with an 80% nerf (was 107+0.094*SP per stack, is now 107+0.094*SP total for all 5 stacks):
Code: Select all
General model:
     f(x) = a*x+b
Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
       a =     0.09404  (0.09392, 0.09415)
       b =       106.6  (106, 107.3)

Goodness of fit:
  SSE: 0.206
  R-square: 1
  Adjusted R-square: 1
  RMSE: 0.262


It looks like SoT was reduced from 12% weapon damage to 2.5%, which is only a 79.17% nerf instead of an 80% one!
Code: Select all
General model:
     f(x) = a*x
Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
       a =     0.02449  (0.02385, 0.02512)

Goodness of fit:
  SSE: 6.749
  R-square: 0.9964
  Adjusted R-square: 0.9964
  RMSE: 1.837
theckhd
Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:45 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Klaudandus wrote:Got a question, do you want us to use the 1.6 white weapons normally used for testing?

I think I have SoT down now, so it probably doesn't matter about the weapon. But it can't hurt to stick with the 1.6 white weapon that has a narrow damage range.

I mostly need AS data now, the rest seem fairly well-characterized.
Klaudandus
Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:48 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

theckhd wrote:It looks like SoT was reduced from 12% weapon damage to 2.5%, which is only a 79.17% nerf instead of an 80% one!


Good! I feel so much better now that I know that I am 0.83% less nerfed than Blizz said I was gonna be! :P
theckhd
Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Pyrea wrote:
Pyrea wrote:The following attacks proc Battle Healer:

Melee Swing (obviously)
Crusader Strike
Hammer of the righteous (also splash damage effect)
Shield of the Righteous

Judgement, Avenger's Shield, Holy Wrath, Consecrate and Hammer of Wrath do NOT proc Battle Healer.

Using the crude, yet effective method of standing at a training dummy and seeing what makes a green number appear over a city guard.

Was it 100% proc chance?
Fetzie
Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Looked like it. I only hit the dummy for a minute or so, but the abilities that caused the heal appeared to do so every time. I fired off HW, Cons, AS and J from outside melee range/with my back turned to eliminate the chance of mistaking a melee swing proc for an ability proc. The ShoR, CS and HotR procs were identifiable by the amount of healing they did (was a different amount to the melee swing) and when I got 4 consolidated hits of HotR I got 4 consolidated heals going out too.

Combatlog incoming, I'll try to find an isolated place with a guard to get the heal.

Here you are. It isn't long, but should have enough info in it to either add weight to my hypothesis that it is a 100% chance, or confirm that we need to do more testing (i.e. I am wrong).
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oxcqo2z5irvfo8xl/
Klaudandus
Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

updated the spreadsheet with my data. used the white club (1.9 speed)
theckhd
Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Using all 3 data sets:
AS minimum damage:
Code: Select all
General model:
     f(x) = 0.975*x+b
Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
       b =        6113  (6075, 6150)

Goodness of fit:
  SSE: 1.884e+004
  R-square: 0.9999
  Adjusted R-square: 0.9999
  RMSE: 48.52

AS maximum damage:
Code: Select all
General model:
     f(x) = 0.975*x+b
Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
       b =        7263  (7174, 7352)

Goodness of fit:
  SSE: 1.062e+005
  R-square: 0.9997
  Adjusted R-square: 0.9997
  RMSE: 115.2


0.975 is exactly 1.5 times the old coefficient (0.545*AP+0.21*SP = 0.65*AP). The base damage range is consistent with twice the old base damage (4488*1.5=6732) within error, so we can reasonably say that AS was just scaled by a flat factor of 1.5.
Klaudandus
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:58 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Is there anything else you need me to test later today?

Also, it felt weird, but does SoI has a hidden threat component? I had an easier time keeping large groups of mobs with SoI than I did with either SoR or SoT.
jere
Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:08 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Pyrea wrote:The ShoR, CS and HotR procs were identifiable by the amount of healing they did (was a different amount to the melee swing) and when I got 4 consolidated hits of HotR I got 4 consolidated heals going out too.

Something to try for the future:
In Wrath, you could turn your character sideways enough to where your special attacks could hit a target, but your melee wouldn't. I haven't checked to see if that is still the case since testing in Wrath though.
Klaudandus
Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:15 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Pyrea wrote:
Also, it felt weird, but does SoI has a hidden threat component?

The Healing?


That trick with standing next to the dummy worked, see following log without melee swings
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fia51pqqg0q7t2j4/


I thought they had removed threat from healing. Or maybe I'm just dumb.
Fetzie
Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:38 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

They removed it from resource generation, but healing threat is still in the game.