Skip to content
Maintankadin

The Case for Haste

Jackinthegreen
Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:24 pm

Re: The Case for Haste

If we go by the haste plot end points then yes, haste is better than crit here. That might change if the graph was extended to 1000 each way, for example.
Jackinthegreen
Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:21 pm

Re: The Case for Haste

Lo and behold, haste is getting buffed! http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3569 ... anuary-12/

Haste is becoming 1% per 90 rating instead of 100, and Sacred Duty will be boosting our haste by 30% instead of 5%. It seems Blizz now realizes they have another knob to turn with attunements. Several other specs are getting theirs tuned as well.
Klaudandus
Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: The Case for Haste

I just saw that. Hah
Kelerei
Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:56 pm

Re: The Case for Haste

So, they've not only buffed our attunement, but the rating conversion across the board. This is going to make things interesting, and not just for us...
Ashaton
Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:08 pm

Re: The Case for Haste

Rejoice! I finally have something to do again! I'll sim the latest hotfixes tomorrow and see how we do now. Originally I found Sacred Duty would need to be 40% to make haste equivalent to mastery, but the additional boost of the rating conversion could account for that extra 10%.
golfinguy
Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:36 pm

Re: The Case for Haste

Its been a while since Theck posted on his blog - this ought to do it!

:)
ShwayNorris
Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:22 pm

Re: The Case for Haste

so since this has happened
Hammer of the Righteous/Crusader Strike (Holy, Protection) An instant strike that causes (120% of weapon damage) Physical damage. No longer generates 1 Holy Power

I feel like I would have been happier as is with lack luster haste. we aren't really getting any "benefit" if anything removing holy power generation here and then giving us the extra haste will at best keep us where we are at already. at least, that's how it reads to me. would love to be wrong.
viperjason
Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:04 pm

Re: The Case for Haste

Is a 30% haste buff enough?
Sacred Duty now causes the Paladin to gain 30% (up from 5%) more of the Haste stat from all sources.
PsiVen
Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:11 pm

Re: The Case for Haste

ShwayNorris, that looks more like a datamining error than a real change. If they were removing Holy Power from our main generator there would be significant new mechanics involved.

I for one welcome the return of Haste.
ShwayNorris
Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:22 pm

Re: The Case for Haste

the reason i doubt that, is the changes to crusader strike and HotR for retribution are listed separately right below the prot/holy changes, still saying it generates holy power. but honestly i really hope you are right. seems like a massive nerf otherwise.
golfinguy
Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:50 pm

Re: The Case for Haste

PsiVen wrote:I for one welcome the return of Haste.


I would too... if I was still a maintankadin.

I'm back to ret this expansion, and having mastery be a key stat for both specs really helped me keep a good tank set thus far!

Now I'll need more pieces for the odd night one of our mains cannot make it :( My hybrid heaven may come to an end!
Dan_LW
Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: The Case for Haste

ShwayNorris wrote:so since this has happened
Hammer of the Righteous/Crusader Strike (Holy, Protection) An instant strike that causes (120% of weapon damage) Physical damage. No longer generates 1 Holy Power

I feel like I would have been happier as is with lack luster haste. we aren't really getting any "benefit" if anything removing holy power generation here and then giving us the extra haste will at best keep us where we are at already. at least, that's how it reads to me. would love to be wrong.


Theck covered this on MMO Champ the otherday. He stated that CS and HotR will still generate Holy Power, because we know Word of Glory which is a requirement for the abilities to grant the holy power.


Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/163 ... st31630376
jsantana
Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:46 am

Re: The Case for Haste

Ashaton wrote:Rejoice! I finally have something to do again! I'll sim the latest hotfixes tomorrow and see how we do now. Originally I found Sacred Duty would need to be 40% to make haste equivalent to mastery, but the additional boost of the rating conversion could account for that extra 10%.



Hopefully, the 30% suffices, I recall from Theck "The Trouble with Haste," recent post on Sacred Duty, stated "If Sacred Duty suddenly increased haste from gear by 30% rather than 5%, haste would be back in business." Would be the improvement we need to benefit from haste once again; in addition, to "The Haste stat is now 11.1% more effective. For example, characters at level 100 now receive a 1% increase per 90 Haste (up from 1% per 100 Haste)." Look forward to the new sim data on the changes.
Razeoflight
Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:34 am

Re: The Case for Haste

haste hype :O wouldn't mind getting that CS bk to 3 seconds :) if it going to be enough tho im curious what theck has to say about this.
it better no longer be the dumpster stat for prot!
Quietmode
Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:44 am

Re: The Case for Haste

What would we need to add to simcraft to be able to sim our characters for the new changes?
Worldie
Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:45 am

Re: The Case for Haste

I am entertained to see that you guys actually "won" over haste. Good job :P


.....but wouldn't it have been better and faster to just change the attunement to mastery?
jsantana
Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:09 am

Re: The Case for Haste

I do miss the days back in MOP, when haste made my rotation feel smoother or to put it simply "faster," to acquire more SoTR or that oh crap moment, when in 8-10 seconds boss hard hitting ability is incoming and I need to generate HP for SoTR. I'm totally not against how the rotation feels now, because with so many abilities in our rotation, it does feel like we can go through a full rotation without pausing one ability for a higher priority ability like CS coming off CD. I'am curious about haste interaction with SoL, DP, SS, etc in new sim data. I've always like the idea to have mastery and haste be close together in value for a balanced mitigation/dps build. However, unlike in ToT when there was predictable large dmg incoming like horridon and ji kun, which made SoTR feel useful to queue it and time it at times, not so much yet in WOD raids. Tanking mititgation just feels more passive than active, while focusing more on optimizing the rotation to push more dps, because on Brackenspore, the flamethrower guys got lazy and the creeping moss is creeping fast!
theckhd
Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:18 am

Re: The Case for Haste

Writing blog post as we speak. Note that the combination of the two changes is equivalent to changing Sacred Duty to 44%, so it's more than enough to push haste ahead of everything else.

CS/HotR will not stop generating Holy Power. It's a datamining error. Stop blindly trusting datamined tooltips. By now you should know that Tooltips Lie (tm). Also, that would be an incredibly stupid change.

The hotfixes are already in the SimC code, if Collision pushes out a release today (he may have already, I haven't looked yet) you can sim your character as normal in that. I also have fairly extensive sim results for the blog post already.
jsantana
Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:23 am

Re: The Case for Haste

theckhd wrote:Writing blog post as we speak. Note that the combination of the two changes is equivalent to changing Sacred Duty to 44%, so it's more than enough to push haste ahead of everything else.


It's like I won the lottery...
mclem
Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:36 am

Re: The Case for Haste

theckhd wrote:Writing blog post as we speak. Note that the combination of the two changes is equivalent to changing Sacred Duty to 44%, so it's more than enough to push haste ahead of everything else.


Even Bonus Armor, or is that still ahead? Thought you might consider it separately given it's only available on a few slots.
Blizzhoof
Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:21 am

Re: The Case for Haste

mclem wrote:Even Bonus Armor, or is that still ahead? Thought you might consider it separately given it's only available on a few slots.


Would still be under Bonus Armor. Would have to be close to three times as good as it was previously to overtake BA.
honorshammer
Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:26 am

Re: The Case for Haste

Just dropped 2k on a Greater Mastery gem. Grrrrrrr.
Worldie
Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:02 am

Re: The Case for Haste

Well unless you are raiding Mythic, Mastery is still a very valid choice for your gear ;) Just 4% or so worse!
jere
Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:31 am

Re: The Case for Haste

Worldie wrote:.....but wouldn't it have been better and faster to just change the attunement to mastery?


I won't comment on "faster", but I don't think mastery would be necessarily "better" (depends on how you define "better"). I found haste prioritization made the rotation feel more fun to me. I don't have any kind of reason for that other than maybe I just liked the feel of faster rotation (I was a huge fan of the 3.0 CS back in the day as well).

That doesn't mean I think mastery isn't any fun, but I just really enjoyed haste in MoP and like the idea of it for WoD as well. For me, that makes haste "better", but it's a subjective decision for me.
Quietmode
Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:43 pm

Re: The Case for Haste

In Thecks blog post he has this Chart for TMI post hotfix:

Image

Why is Haste so much lower for HA+Sera than for the other specs? Even compared to the two other Seraphim specs, it loses a lot of value.

Switching between the two stat weights for Sera+HA and HS+SW switches haste from worst to best stat. Granted Haste is extremely good for Sera+HA for DPS.


My Thought is that the simmed stats are in between a break point where you can't quite squeeze out another Holy power generator for another SotR, but not sure if someone else had some insight