Awyndel
Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:51 pm
Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)
As much of a powerplayer I am, this does look like an exploit wich wasn't intented. I wish blizz would make it impossible.

Stacks Weapon damage w/o SOTP Weapon damage w/ full SOTP
1 stack 6.60% 7.59%
2 stacks 13.20% 15.18%
3 stacks 19.28% 22.77%
4 stacks 26.40% 30.96%
5 stacks 33.00% 37.95%WATERBOYsh wrote:I doubt this changes much though.
Awyndel wrote:As much of a powerplayer I am, this does look like an exploit wich wasn't intented. I wish blizz would make it impossible.
WATERBOYsh wrote:I can't verify this myself because I'm not on the PTR. Plus the info is from the tanking forums so it may not be completely accurate, but it seems that the bonus weapon damage at 5 stacks of SoV now applies to all number of stacks, but in an increasing amount depending on the number of SoV applications.
Source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1&pageNo=2
- Code: Select all
Stacks Weapon damage w/o SOTP Weapon damage w/ full SOTP
1 stack 6.60% 7.59%
2 stacks 13.20% 15.18%
3 stacks 19.28% 22.77%
4 stacks 26.40% 30.96%
5 stacks 33.00% 37.95%
I doubt this changes much though.
Jerey-Darkspear wrote:Fair enough, I submitted a bug report both in game and on their website form, asking whether it was an exploit or clever use of game mechanics. If they come back with clever use, then I'll finish the modifying the add-on.
Dread wrote:I'm not 100% sure on this, but I do believe I remember a blue post about this. They acknowledged its existence. That was at least at the early days of 3.1, so if they haven't corrected it by now, I doubt they will. But please do let us know if you get a response.
theckhd wrote:If it's the same post that I'm thinking of, my (admittedly bad) memory was that they said they were aware that it worked that way, and while it wasn't intended and they didn't like it, they didn't feel it was a significant or widespread enough problem to ban or suspend people over. Presumably it's one of those things that they may fix "if they get around to it."
Rhî wrote:This is their advantage: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45137