I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere, but I haven't seen any discussion of it.
How important is the new unified hit rating going to be as a threat stat after 3.0? My understanding of the situation on live is that melee hit is useful only in reducing RD resists, and hence not worth stacking (taunt-sensitive fights excepted), and that spell hit is a poor threat stat in part because Consecration is a large component of our threat and only the first tick of that can miss/be resisted, and our other abilities do not greatly benefit from it.
However, with Consecration becoming a smaller component of our threat output in most tanking situations and the move being made towards threat generation via special attacks which can miss (I have made the bold assumption that this is true of HotR, ShotR, HoW and AS - happy to be told otherwise), it would seem to me that hit rating actually now has its place as a worthwhile threat stat.*
Is this thinking correct? Have the numbers been done anywhere?
*Well behind Str, SP and BV, of course
Epimer
Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:24 pm

