Skip to content
Maintankadin

Kings Versus Might

Kierna
Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:23 pm

Kings Versus Might

For some reason lately, I've had a bunch of dps tell me that they want kings rather than might. At the highest level I could see where the stat increase could be more beneficial due to the additional crit, but for most cases wouldn't the higher pure AP be better? If that's not the case, what classes would be better off getting kings than might?
_________________
Flex
Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:31 pm
Ferals and Survival Hunters
Majiben
Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:39 pm
Non combat rogues also.
_________________
Majiben
Kelaan
Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:08 am
As a hunter on my long-time other toon, I always looked at it from an AEP-like standpoint. Might gives me 264 AP. Since our rough calculations of AP's worth (in terms of "give me more dps") is at about a 2:1 ratio of AP to agility, that means that unless we already have ~1000 agility, Kings isn't likely to be a better DPS buff (esp in a 5-man, where you don't get both) than Might.

Yes, Crit is nice. In T4/T5 gear, I had about 500-600ish agility. 60 extra agility (1.x% crit and 60 AP) is a pretty poor comparison, IMO, to 264 AP.

Obviously, if Cheeky's spreadsheet indicates that Kings is a better solitary buff than Might, go with it. Using my last-known-gear in Cheeky's (an older version, I admit), and comparing myself buffed with Might vs Buffed with Kings:
Might: 1036 DPS (2141 AP, 24.5% crit)
Kings: 999 DPS (1927 AP, 25.74% crit)
Wisdom: 975 DPS (for reference Wink)

Might is ~3.7% better than Kings, for a hunter in T4/T5 level gear, not using a wind serpent. I'd say that it's not really close enough to matter, really, so going with whichever the hunter prefers is fine.

edit:
Since group harmony is my goal, if I have given someone might or kings, and they ask for the other, I do so. If two of the same class have different preferences, I pick one, and tell the other one that I'll try to remember to give them a short buff that they like.
veraecia
Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:13 pm
There are alot of subtle bonuses to King's as well that can't be discounted. It might be a small increase, but the health gain from kings is a nice boost, especially in fights with raid damage (which is almost all of them). Since King's has no other buff that can take it over for the new buffing system, whereas might can be overtaken by battleshout and other such things, that makes King's more of an "essential" buff IMO.
_________________
And the world will look up and shout, "salv us." And I'll whisper, "no."