Skip to content
Maintankadin

Martyr vs. Righteousness

veraecia
Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:22 pm

Martyr vs. Righteousness

I am struggling to determine which seal I should use in conjunction with seal of vengeance. I am still swimming in the changes from 3.0, but I was hoping to get some reliable information from my esteemed colleagues. This is from a pure threat standpoint, so please discount the health loss from martyr. I did not notice a big difference in damage between the two seals, although I had operated under the assumption that Martyr would be a better choice. This is my Armory link, although I hope there is simply a "rule of thumb" to operate under regarding which seal to use.
_________________
And the world will look up and shout, "salv us." And I'll whisper, "no."
Levantine
Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:55 am
I don't understand. Seal twisting is dead, if that's what you're talking about.
_________________
Rinforza
私の名前を呼んで
砕けるくらい抱いて
Dendrah
Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:03 am
Normally you would use corruption all the way. But if you really have to much mana and you are familiar with the rotations and all you can use the spare gabs for grabbing SoR and switching to corruption just before the stack falls off.
But you'll see that just then you get an unlucky streak of misses Twisted Evil
_________________
Levantine
Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:52 am
You won't have enough free GCD's to do it effectively anyway. The threat you'd lose from delaying other abilities outweighs the gained threat.
_________________
Rinforza
私の名前を呼んで
砕けるくらい抱いて
veraecia
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:02 am
fair enough. I have just run ZA since the patch, so I am still trying to get a feel for rotations... with 2 ret pallys and an s priest, I hadn't noticed the significant boost in mana cost of seals. I am also too used to needing to "frontload" my threat... I think I need to get more on the vengeance band wagon, and worry less about building a ton of threat early on.... hammer of righteousness and instant cast avenger's shield seem to deal with that problem nicely.
_________________
And the world will look up and shout, "salv us." And I'll whisper, "no."
Frickit
Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:55 am
martyr is only for ot mana gen type stuff correct?
_________________