Skip to content
Maintankadin

Solo'ing instance in 3.0.2

hardydefense
Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:28 am

Solo'ing instance in 3.0.2

Yesterday i was trying to start working my tanking rotations. I thought I would do it in Ramps. 1st mistake was going in on heroic mode and almost getting owned but the 1st pull. Backed out, healed, and reset.

Let me tell you it is now cake mode solo'ing instances. I was juding and sealing health while keeping up the mana return aura. Even in my craptastic quest/kara gear I could solo ramps. 8 gold repair bill and cleared over 20 gold in greens/cloth/greys. Had a pally healer in back ground who was directed to only heal if I hit 20%.

Easily doable solo. There is some new tossing around mechanic so careful on positioning. Tonight gonna try slave pens and bloodfurnace. Who else has tried solo'ing instances post patch. I know ramps was solo'able prepatch but only for people in really good gear.
_________________
70 - Prot - Strormrage
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&n=Hardydefense
Raid Tanked: Kara: 11/11, Gruul 2/2, ZA 2/5
Heroics Tanked: UB, SP, Ramps, SV, MGT, Mech, Shat Hall
Suzytincan
Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:15 am
I've not tried it since the patch hit the live realms, but on the beta I was able to get a good ways into normal SH solo. The first hallway and room aren't too bad, but it gets significantly more difficult after that... on normal the marksman mobs still scattershot and i'd always find myself low on life.

I don't know how far I could have gone... It was very slow going and I had to leave for a music lesson before I reached the first boss. I was wearing mostly T4/badge gear with a S2 weapon + potency. I also was using the trinket that healed you on block (too lazy to look up the name, but I think most of the folks here are familiar with it... Figurine of the Collosus perhaps?) That trinket was a huge help after coming out of scattershot.
_________________
Suzytincan - 70 BE Pally, Blackhand, US
0/49/12
Kellel
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:30 am
I totally found this as well!!! Went to try my new abilities in ramps. First pull ... "omg, am I in SM?" the new BoSanc is phenominal! with melee mobs like that, my mana bar was always full. I could hardly rotate my spells fast enough.

Second pull ... I want to try these two guards AND the pat, let's see how this goes. oops, I pull in OTHER party. I know have 8 mobs including 2 casters ... well that was fun ... wait a minute .. why is my health bar dropping so slow ... holy crap, is my hammer critting for like 2k dmg per mob? ... something is wrong with this patch, my mana bar still isn't moving. I kill a couple mobs .. my health drops down to about 15% .. I pop my lucky coin and figurine of the colossus ... back up to full health. .... Now i'm pushing my luck, 8 guys still beating on me. My mana bar is still seemingly frozen at 100% ... health starts dropping again ... don't wanna pot, that's perfectly good gold. Now the bubble heal heal heal option is awesome .. cause i actually have the mana to do it.

I take out all 8 in the pull .. and am never once concerned about dying.

Sadly I didn't have enough time to attempt the first boss, but i'm pretty sure I could solo that instance no problem.

This makes me think that a nerf will be coming for prot pally's as well ... so I don't wanna get TOO comfortable wielding this ridiculous power! mwuhahahahaha...
_________________
Conaan!
Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:40 am
stop with the ramps, too easy, i went and solod reg UB, 1 boss required some timing but didnt really hurt, second boss is NASTY, save your shield wall and LoH + some hp pots for it, i blew everything i had, got him on second try, third boss is actually really easy, just nuke the bear first then the humanoid, i only got one try in on the last boss before i got called out though.
_________________
PsiVen
Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:24 pm
Why would you shield wall while soloing when you can just bubble? Razz

I've soloed Ramps, BF, and SH (non-bosses) before 3.0, will probably take another look at soloing SH bosses soon. Heroic SH probably won't happen until 80 as I can't kill the casters very quickly as Prot without ShoR. I did BF again after the patch and it was total cake.

As Ret:
Onyxia is an easy solo. Snake boss in ZG killed me on the transform after slowly healing for a long time, I think if I was ready to suddenly be taking hits for 2k I might have been able to do it. Others have reported the rest of ZG except bat boss and probably Hakkar to be doable.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Rival Psivenia, 70 Warriorlol
Psivenne, 60 Bare

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest