One of the issues that people reference a lot about tankadins is a good portion of their threat is retribution damage via Holy Shield and possibly Ret Aura. Especially hard with offtanking and really ugly with a combat rez. This causes issues with regaining aggro sometimes on untauntable mobs. I've been poking around trying to come up with a good way to get threat back.
The first thing that I do already is stop Holy Shield and throw down some or all my CDs, but there's certainly more tricks I could pull here. Speaking of which, what kind of trinkets would we want now?
One of the first things that comes to mind is swapping my shield with a spelldamage shield or even an offhand item as well as a threat weapon switch.
I don't think that there's really any weapons with the spell damage (since we can't use staves) but what about switching to a 2 handed mace/sword? It would have to be fairly compelling to overcome the 5% 1h specialization and reduced speed on Righteousness.
Another point to keep in mind here is that we wouldn't be getting as much Spiritual Attunement back either, and can't seal wisdom, since that would defeat the purpose. Consecration is often useless anyway, if the target starts to kite the boss.
So what tricks to you use to get some emergency off target, untauntable aggro?
thegreedyturtle
Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:05 am

