Skip to content
Maintankadin

Seal of Light / Judgement of Light and threat

kylone
Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:32 am

Seal of Light / Judgement of Light and threat

Do all heals from Seal of Light and (your) Judgement of Light count as your threat? If so, how does it compare to other tanking seals? (Righteousness and Vengeance)
_________________
Lv 70 Paladin Mythi, Emerald Dream
(kinda sorta inactive due to overseas deployment, atm)
kylone
Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:19 am
Well, that thread concludes that JoL has truly monumental threat in a raid setting... #3 healer indeed.

So, from a threat generation point fo view, you'd have a normal threat seal up (Righteousness, Vengeance, or Corruption, depending on race and level), and use Judgement of Light.
And if by chance you start running out of the Blue Rage bar (OT not getting hurt enough... maybe), switch your seal to Seal Of Wisdom, and watch it fill up, then switch back.
_________________
Lv 70 Paladin Mythi, Emerald Dream
(kinda sorta inactive due to overseas deployment, atm)
Scrawn
Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:31 am
Im pretty sure the hotfix fixed this. Can anyone else confirm, because my tps was very similar whether i judged wisdom or light last night
_________________


Blue Rage™
Fizzgig
Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:13 am
Well I used JoW all of BT on wednesday and JoL all day thursday for hyjal. I didn't notice a threat increase on one over the other....HOWEVER....I was 5th on healing for Hyjal out of 6 healers. DPS couldn't touch me anyway, so honestly the benefit we bring by JoL with the healing alone it could be less threat than JoW and I'd keep using it.
_________________
Balendro
Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:41 am
Hmm, interesting. JoL giving threat would be useful. I believe one of our healers judged JoL and saw her threat get a bit high on a boss loss night in Hyjal, but i wasn't present to see. I'll try to test this a bit.
vschiano2008
Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:46 am
i'd say its confirmed.

although i primarily use JoW, i used JoL on bosses in ZA last night. on Zuljin i was pushing 2100 TPS. Nobody riding my tail with that- i had 50k on everyone by 75%.

well.. 4 people we're locked out so we 6 manned it.