Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tanking rotation for demons/undead

Galtea
Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:35 am

Tanking rotation for demons/undead

So, I've pretty much got the 969 rotation down, but I'm wondering, what would be the ideal tanking rotation for demon/undead bosses, specifically in Naxx? Exorcism is on a 15 sec cd and holy wrath on a 30 sec; however, both do pretty decent damage.

Also, how would it work for demon/undead bosses when they're below 20% for Hammer of Wrath; and what about non-demon/undeads below 20%? I'm just trying to finalize a threat rotation for Naxx bosses, and would appreciate some theorycraft on the subject. From what I've seen from recount so far, Shield of the Righteous does way too much damage and threat to be dropped from a rotation; so one of the other abilities would have to be dropped to make room for HoW/Exo/HW in a threat rotation.

Again, all help would be appreciated!

Very Happy
Ashmadai
Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:43 am
Just thinking about it off the top of my head, I would think dropping every 2nd judgement for an Exorcism might yield superior results against undead/demons.
_________________
dmok
Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:00 am
I seem to recall a page of math somewhere that said if you were to drop anything from a rotation to add in exorcism, HW, etc it would be HotR
_________________
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate
Candiru
Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:24 am
I think that was back when judgement did damage.

Skipping every other judgement for Exorcism / Avenger's Shield / Holy Wrath seems like a good plan.
Gamingdevil
Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:04 am
Keep in mind that with the Judgement debuff being resistable, JoJ is resistable with it. You might want to have those 2 chances per uptime to stick it on.
If you're not too worried about that, drop Judgement indeed, if you are, drop Consecration or HotR
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Dapaladin
Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:25 am
dropping ShoR is uh... not a good idea.

As worldie said its our highest threat move. IF anything i'd probably drop judge as hammer does pretty good damage as far as i've seen. While judge does VERY minimal damage.
_________________
SmurfZG
Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:52 am
judge is worst damage, but if you have the libram that increases your bv by craptons, you'll want to judge it every nine seconds.
_________________
degre
Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:41 pm
Since ShoR is currently broken and we can use both ranks, I've grabbed one of those nice badge librams, the one with 385 extra BV after you judge, then my rotation is:
HS
Judge
ShoR1
ShoR2
whatever ability I feel to use
restart from HS

Judge to boost your BV and shield slap twice.


I suggest to prepare yourself for something less bugged for the future, in the while just enjoy the ludicrous TPS (and DPS) you'll produce.
_________________
Taylia
Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:03 pm
I really can't think of a good reason for promoting use of a bug like that. Sure, maybe it ups your threat, but.. this game is balanced around the idea that such a bug doesn't exist, you shouldn't need it. Why rely on it? Something about that just seems.. wrong, to me.

I'm hesitant to drop the "exploit" bomb, but.. that's really a bad thing to promote.
Kelarik
Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:17 pm
Personally I drop JoL when Exorcism's off cooldown, and drop substitute in Holy Wrath if there are multiple mobs just to keep up AoE threat. Plus it's nice stunning multiple mobs, gives your healer a chance to catch his/her breath. Briefly.
_________________
Jesus said: "I offer you eternal salvation." The desciples replied: "Can we get kings or might instead?"
HinataDestiny
Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:22 pm
In the 6969 Rotation you have that extra gcd every now and then so throw your exorcism in there
_________________
Hinata of Crit Happens - 80 - Arygos
Consecrate
Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:18 am
I don't use anything aside from the normal rotation.

If the threat is bad enough that i'd need to, then my DPS are clearly using defensive stance or something.

I'm going 7-8k tps now so there's no point messing around really.
_________________
Probably the worst named paladin ever.