Skip to content
Maintankadin

Expertise

Veilan
Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:04 pm

Expertise

Hello!

I'm less than thrilled with this stat, which seems to be ubiquitous on tanking gear now Confused. I realise it isn't wasted, since you do hit stuff with your weapon, and especially against bosses you want to have your melee weapons connect for your active seal to run its effect, but... it just strikes me as something a warrior would want, and that hit rating would be preferable.

Or am I overlooking something? Is judging seals a melee attack benefitting from expertise too, and do hammer of the rightous and shield of righteousness profit from it? It would seem to go into the "boss tank" gear category then...

Anyway, please enlighten me Smile.

Cheers and thanks,
_________________
Majiben
Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:10 pm
I suggest you check out this thread. It may not be exactly what you are asking but it is a good discussion that we would be glad to have you join.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Veilan
Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:06 pm
Thanks!

For some reason I'm put at the index when I try to reply in that thread, regardless, it seems to confirm my fear that expertise could be nice to have, but basically is a waste of item stats for paladins.

So much for unifying the gear, heh.

For the lighthearted part, we discussed the trend of expertise and armour penetrating in my raid, and here's the best (funniest) explanation we came up with: You need armour penetration and expertise to fight death knights Very Happy.
_________________
Mortehl
Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:53 pm
Expertise is hit with a bit of avoidance built in. Not a bad stat Razz
_________________
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
mavfin
Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:25 pm
Yeah, expertise helps with parry gib, for example. Is ShotR able to be parried/dodged? If so, expertise will help that.
_________________
--Mav