Skip to content
Maintankadin

Exact mechanic of Glyph of RD?

SevenOfNine
Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:59 am

Exact mechanic of Glyph of RD?

Has any1 tested, or know anyway, exactly how our taunt-glyph calculate?

Wording:
Glyph of Righteous Defense
Increases the chance for your Righteous Defense ability to work successfully by 8% on each target.


Does it
a) subtract 8% from the "chance" the taunt has to miss(thus making it virtually always hit), or does it
b) reduce misschance by 8% (like 0,92*5%=4,6% misschance)?

Hoping for a) (ofc), but thinking that might be too good.

/Your shield facing the unknown, SevenofNine
Mortehl
Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:06 am
It is a free +8% chance to hit with RD.
_________________
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl
Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:23 am
It is incredible while you're building up your hit rating, but once you cross the line where your gear is covering the hit required (not so hard as you might imagine), you'll want to replace this with something else.
_________________
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
amh
Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:30 am
I have 122 hit-rating (3.72%), definitely not intentional. Still, doesn´t RD have that 1% miss-chance like anything else?
SevenOfNine
Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:34 am
Unless I missed some changes with WotLK, melee does not have a hitcap. Meaning that you can completly remove all your meleemisses. And since Righteous Defence, since a few patches, counts as melee, we should aim for it to always hit, ofc.

/Your shield facing the unknown, SevenofNine
Playdoh
Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:42 am
I know on the boards somewhere it is listed what spells are actually based off of spell hit and which are based off of melee hit, but I can't seem to find that list.

I know that hit rating applies to both now, but on our data sheets they are still separated.

I am wondering which one righteous defense is based off of.
_________________
SevenOfNine
Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:46 am
I'm fairly certain that Righteous Defence is still considered a meleeattack. On the other hand, I was fairly certain meleeattacks did not have a hitcap. Any1 more up-to-date with these mechanics: feel free to enlighten me Embarassed

/Your shield facing the unknown, SevenofNine
Mortehl
Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:07 am
RD works off melee hit. I'll find the patch note some place when I get a chance that confirmed it.
_________________
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
mconeone
Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:07 am
Spells no longer have a 1% base miss chance. You can completely hit cap now.

The RD glyph is awesome until you get insane amounts of +hit, but it's basically wasted itemization unless your raid is threat capped, which it shouldn't be.
_________________
mconeone
Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:18 am
Spiritual Attunement.
_________________
Metheoro
Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:13 am
dunno guys

ive never ever ever ever missed a RD...
yesterday i respec prot again to tank a little i did till gundrak (i was 73 it was horrible tohold the aggro against the 78 red, the oranges totally fine) and the few times i used the "taunt" i dont remember a miss

and if u do miss it, u just have to wait 8 secs u still can do a bunch of instant cast things to o shit that.
_________________
mconeone
Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:46 am
Once you do 4 horsemen you will understand the necessity of this glyph. You have 2 tanks taunting and if one misses there's a good chance you will wipe.
_________________