Skip to content
Maintankadin

DPS Meter and TPS

Lauranna-Skullcrusher
Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:46 am

DPS Meter and TPS

Hey guys

I was just wondering if it's the same for everyone...
When I do Naxx(10 men) and heroics, I usually end up being 1st DPS or 2nd. Is that something that happens to everyone else?

Also How much TPS are you doing on bosses?
Last night I was keeping 5k-6k TPS on bosses.

I'm scared we are gonna get hit by the nerf bat.
_________________

SSC: HS 5/5 BT 9/9 SW 0/6
Aedolfmawini
Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:03 am
I would agree that our threat is a little on the silly high side (JoL and IMO poorly thought out holy damage scaling is to blame), I don't see any reason that your dps classes would not be far past you in damage during a raid boss fight (aoe'able trash damage meters do not matter or count for anything). In 5 mans, the less CC that is used, the more you will abuse the damage meters.

We are actually well below both warriors and druids on boss dps, in my experience. No sky is falling here.
Fridmarr
Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:56 pm
You shouldn't be doing tops DPS in Naxx 10. If you are, the DPSers are slacking a bit.

I don't think our threat will be nerfed to be honest (except for the JoL portion, which I WANT to be nerfed). It's not like the other tanks aren't putting out good threat, the warrior I was grouped with last night was in the 5k range pretty consistently as well.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/us/frostmane/fridmarr/
Fionneous
Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:40 pm
I came in second behind a very well geared and very talented hunter on Naxx 10 trash last night, clearing the Plague and Military wings. However, we had the tendency to aoe-mosh-pit everything, and consecrate and holy wrath certainly help pad the damage meters there.

On bosses, I was at the bottom, but still pulling respectable dps.

The only dps ever to be below me on a boss was an elemental shaman on Loatheb.

I'd roll my eyes and say "what's wrong with that guy" if I didn't use to be an ele shaman myself and understand exactly what they're talking about with their damage and scaling woes.

Additional thought:

Your dps on heroics should be a direct function of the size of your pulls and whether or not you use cc, as well as the abilities you use.

There's not much sense in bragging about top damage when it's hard NOT to be hitting 4-5 mobs at once.

You really ought to be thanking your healer who's probably sweating it out every time you Captain America Shield half the dungeon for your gross damage output.
_________________
Fionneous, 80 Blood Elf Prot Paladin, Draka

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draka&n=Fionneous
Kethion
Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:58 pm
I do about 6k+ on bosses iirc. Patchwerk 25 man I was getting about 8k+ Confused
_________________

Charie
Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:19 am
On the standard tank spank last night in 25 man Nax I would see a steady 6.5k-7k threat with spikes to 8k. Of course silly rogues think they have to put tricks of the trade up on me all the time.
_________________


Yes I need to fix my spec.
Pelendralaar
Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:15 am
I had our other tanks scratching their heads when i was hitting 10k tps on Patchwerk.

6-7k seems about right though for pretty much anything else i got to tank in 25man
_________________
enbee
Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:09 am
our tanking dps and tps seems a bit high compared to the other tank, or the other tankclasses (the people) fail, on patch 25 I managed nearly 2.5k dps with 8k tps, with a non ideal rotation (for dps that is). I sense a nerf incoming, in 10 mans I can spam threat for the first 10% of a boss then sacred shield the raid + holy shield/judge for the rest of the fight and still have a huge lead (this might be caused by jol, it probably is).

I'd like to see threat after the JoL nerf, which is surely coming though before I jump to conclusions, it apears overhealing on it causes the same threat.
_________________

LoL, a paladin tank!
PsiVen
Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:46 am
Patchwerk has some invisible threat boosting mechanic, and JoL is still giving stupid amounts of threat.

When I don't use JoL, I am dead in line with our other tanks. Neck and neck, probably generating 5% higher average TPS. When I use JoL, I have to hold back significantly to avoid pulling aggro on something I shouldn't. It's sometimes a useful tool to be able to hold secondary aggro with no effort or mana issues, but it's horribly annoying most of the time.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Bloodsail Admiral Psivenia, 70 Warrior
70 Belfadin, 62 Druid, 60 Priest, 60 Warlock

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Tekkel
Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:49 am
Aye, had a druid MT patchwerk due to me having higher avoidance, hp and blockcapped. I was just holding back alot to not pull aggro. Very very easy to catch up 50k threat if I just used holy shield and turned off autoattack to give him a lead again.

We did some 25 man lwg the other day and yeh I was doing great on trashmobs with 2.5k dps but since the boss basicly picks you up now and then I was dead last on dps except for a protection warrior that doesn't know how to play.

But threat is insane especially when you spec into some crit talents and you get alot of crit from the raid. I've been seeing 7.8k shor crits in 25 content.