Skip to content
Maintankadin

wanna kno if im geared up enough to start ot for naxx or mt?

Spamdrew
Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:41 pm
Inability to use English is a strong sign that you are not ready to MT a raid. However your toon has gear that should be fine for at least the first half of Nax in either role assuming a decent group.
_________________
Majiben
Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:55 pm
Unnescessary spawdrew. Asking for advice is a strong sign of a good tank. Repost this in the apporiate sub forum (gear questions and advice) and I will be happy to give you a detailed breakdown of what you could do to improve.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Levantine
Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:04 pm
Correct grammar (or at least correct enough so that reading your text doesn't cause brain haemorrhages) will go a long way to getting helpful responses from this forum. As will posting this question in the correct forum. This is not an Advanced Training question, it's a gearcheck.
_________________

Rinforce | Rinforze
Mex
Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:11 pm
You could do the entire thing without a wipe, or fail horribly on anub for 3 hours. Depends entirely on how skilled / geared the other 9 members of your raid are.

Honestly, if you have "tank gear" in every slot, you can do Naxx. The better your gear, the more slack the rest of your raid can be. I did half of 10 man Naxx without 540.
verthis
Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:17 am
Your gear looks fine to start Naxxramas, should have no problems at all, there is always room for improvement but that comes with new gear and time. If you are that eager to get started, grab a group and go for it, if your healers are not sleeping you should be fine.

Just a side note, please consider that not ever person that reads or posts on this forum comes from an English speaking background and while it is easy to point this out, if you understood the just of what he was saying I fail to see a problem. Posting on the wrong forum is a mistake I will acknowledge.
_________________
verthis
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:22 am
While I have no problem with what you are getting at and I do fully agree with you.
To be perfectly honest I understood what he was getting at without a problem. He asked for some advice, not an English lesson. As this is a forum people come to for advise and such on tanking as a paladin in particular.

However if one chooses to post as the OP posted and it does not violate any of the rules I do believe that if you cannot read what he is saying you should refrain from posting rather than posting derogatory comments. If the OP had wanted an English lesson I’m sure he could have found a far more qualified person to give said lesson which was the point I was trying to make.

And thank you for the linguistics lesson although I have to say that I have seen precisely the same slang and omission of words and letters used by people that I know are not north American.

This Debate is however not on topic so would suggest a discontinuation of it.
_________________
Levantine
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:27 am
Or I could troll him, which is more fun when I can't sleep and the servers are down. My post was constructive, they usually aren't. Don't like it? Pester a mod or something.
_________________

Rinforce | Rinforze
Levantine
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:44 am
Presumtuous is one of my middle names. :D

(Others include brash, harsh, omnipotent, deluded, cheeky, irreverent etc etc)
_________________

Rinforce | Rinforze
Snake-Aes
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:46 am
No one other than me is allowed to call you irreverent. That's my given right.
_________________
Death Spacegoat and Spankadin in development.
Spreading Holy Protection and Diseases since 2008.
trellian
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:51 am
You like fine to me stat wise.

You are very high on expertise though. If you are using the SoV glyph you only need about 15 (??, should add up to 5.6%) base expertise to be 'capped' when SoV is up.
I'd suggest trying to find some gear with avoidance instead of expertise.
Anything above that 5.6% is a total waste of itemization points, imho.
_________________
Sytaena