Skip to content
Maintankadin

Using SoL/SoW?

Sabindeus
Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:20 am

Using SoL/SoW?

So after tanking Naxx 10 and junk tons of heroics, what I have found is that no DPSer can even begin to think about approaching my single target threat. Like they come in at 30-40% of it. So I started using SoL for the heals... and they still can't get anywhere close. In heroics when I need to nab extra mobs with Consecrate, I'm using SoW. No problems.

Anyone else finding this?
_________________

Turn In - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/turn-in.aspx
PsiVen
Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:28 am
I use SoW when I'm desperate for mana (Anub'arak submerges) but the threat difference is definitely noticeable. SoV is in fact so much damage with HotR in heroics that I'd rather use it than Consecration in a mana-limited environment.

In raids I can pull a significant chunk of DPS, on the order of 1800-2200 for favorable fights. No reason to deny them that for a few random SoL heals, especially since our healers are bored stiff in Naxx.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Bloodsail Admiral Psivenia, 70 Warrior
70 Belfadin, 62 Druid, 60 Priest, 60 Warlock

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Panzerdin
Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:54 am
I think PsiVen hit the nail on the head. You could drop SoV, but it's so good you wouldn't want to, especially given that neither HP nor MP is likely to be a huge problem (previous examples excepted).
Legionp
Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:05 pm
I use SoL when tanking most Naxx bosses because dps can never even think of catching me. Quite silly atm.
Levantine
Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:39 pm
Wisdom I can understand, but why the fuck would anyone use Light?
_________________

Rinforce | Rinforze
Tbolt
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:45 am
I use wisdom regularly in heroics and even a couple times in naxx when I was getting low. In my experience I have not seen a great loss in tps probably because I have a greater degree of freedom in using my threat moves (see consecrate) when using SoW. I go to SoV when up against something that hits very hard and I'm guaranteed to get mana back, otherwise SoW all the way.

I can see using SoL if your healers are having trouble keeping you up in a certain encounter. While it won't heal you up, it's still mitigating incoming damage and better than nothing.
_________________
Alrinea
Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:45 am
SoV for the extra dmg.
to hold aggro in naxx (singletarget) its enough to judge JoL every 20seconds and roll your head on the keyboard for the rest of the time as it has been layed out many times already. imho the heal from JoL is not noticable, running oom in 10mans just doesnt happen, so no need for SoW.
_________________
Snake-Aes
Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:49 am
I don't know what I'd do in AN without SoW Neutral
_________________
Death Spacegoat and Spankadin in development.
Spreading Holy Protection and Diseases since 2008.
Levantine
Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:47 am
We're talking about Seal of Light here, not Judgement. Also, Felmyst is hardly a standard encounter.

Argh. Skim reading for the lose. Nevermind folks, I read too fast and miss the occasional word... like not. t.t
_________________

Rinforce | Rinforze
gibborim
Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:09 am
I can't imagine casting SoL if there is a healer in the room. Just not going to do it. Why would I intentionally bring my dps down to that of a warrior tank when I can do clearly higher DPS?

JoL is still amazing in the fights that aren't completely trivial like KT, Sath+1/2, Saph, and Maly. Shit, my JoL heals half of the aura damage in 25man Saph on the DPS if they are using FrR.
Nuclearseal
Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:53 am
do u know how helpfull SoL + JoL can be in a boss where ur raid take aoe damage? at this point u dont have aggro problems "at all" and u dont have mana problems "at all". using Soc just for u to do more dps then a warrior? well gz warrior ur doing more dps then me! what about threat? sry dont think so.

using SoL will help u in the damage taken, and every one know that it does. if u had some kind of equipment that reduced the damage taken by 450+ in a 50% change proc..lolz every one would get that..seal of light dont reduce damage but gives u that in heal..use recount and in the end of the raid calculate the heal that u got from it. its help a lot as "passive mitigation"..u take damage but it gives u back 450+ health that was taken by the mob hit whithougt a heal( for a healer) and that'ss for me is mitigation. Smile

my opinion..sry for the speling xD