Skip to content
Maintankadin

No Reckoning?

pryse
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:52 am

No Reckoning?

I'm just wondering why no one ever uses Reckoning. Not gonna say my reasons for why I like it because I don't wanna sound like a nubcake lol
_________________
Majiben
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:53 am
Better threat talents out there. Also better ultility talents in Prot to get past the T5.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Snake-Aes
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:55 am
Since Vengeance is our seal of choice, and seals of Light and Wisdom have internal cooldowns, Reckoning does nothing but add white damage.

All other threat talents are better than reckoning, and there are more threat talents than we can get in a regular tank build.

TL;DR: everything's better than reckoning, so bad it is.
_________________
Death Spacegoat and Spankadin in development.
Spreading Holy Protection and Diseases since 2008.
Sanadina
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:43 am
Reckoning is a no no for Raid tanks at this time. If a boss parries you, you can basically kill yourself with reckoning.

I understand there are some blue posts talking about modifying bosses parry/riposte type abilities that make this talent pretty dangerous for those of us tanking big hitters.

Also the benefit of Reckoning used to be the additional holy damage with Seal of Righteousness doing damage per hit. Most people us Seal of Corruption now which is a max 5 stacking dot, so basically the additional swings grant you no additional threat. You refresh your seal faster, so perhaps you get a little more mana/heath/threat from the healing done but it's pretty minimal.
_________________
Elsie
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:13 am
I spec'd it for easier AOE farming. It was that or divine guardian, and I don't feel divine guardian has merit for me yet.
Arcand
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:43 am
It's not that I think Reckoning's bad. I just think you can get better value for the points elsewhere, especially when...

* My threat leads can generally be described as 'commanding', and
* It's very nearly impossible to have too much survivability.

I probably wouldn't have regretted taking it to level with, but eh.
_________________
Level: 80 - Still wearing: Adamantine Figurine, Libram of Crapentance
DeadMilliken
Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:03 am
I have and enjoy Reckoning.
I am also the "crazy" paladin that typically uses Seal of Blood/Martyr over SoV.

However, Parrygib is a fantasy. People who go on about it in relation to reckoning conveniently forget about 90% of the MT warriors preferring 1.5 speed weapons for steady rage generation even though it OMG DOUBLES YouR WEApon ATTACKS compared to a 2.6+ speed weapon.

I plan to have 3/5 reckoning with no imp HoJ or Kings.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin=511300500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000050053500313251533312321&glyph=000000000000

(HotC maybe swapped for 4/5 Benediction if I see myself regularly not needing it)

About the only other build that has held any real interest in me is switching out 3/5 reckoning with 2/2 divine guardian and 1/2 guardian's favor.
jcamper1337
Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:45 am
Ok so from what Im reading hear reckoning is bad but I cant see why

Im speced Into Reckoning and have NEVER parried Gibed a boss ever and I only have 14 points in Expertise and those 14 points are just from the Gear Im wearing.

I use recokning for the extra threat Gen on white damage and the faster attack spead. I actually Notice when it procs and when Im just above my current dps (Normally the Shadow Presit or our Boomking when I tell them to Go Nuts to see what I can hold off them) I notice Reckoning Pops my threat up by a good Amount.

Though I do use the
58/13 spec I dont see how Not using recokning is gonna give me better threat gen at all

Also some of you might look at me and GO YTF do you have 2 points into imp judgement and 3 points into heart of the crusader. My anwser for that is

Imp Judgment allows me to make an Very good Macro where Im using Holy Shiled Judge Slam basicly all at the same time Keeping my shield Slam to do the most possible dmg .

Heart of the Crusader IS THE HEAT I like it when for those groups when you dont have a ret pally It seams to Help you gen more threat and It gives the DPS that extra edge.
_________________