Skip to content
Maintankadin

BlockCap or Stamina?

Mogurii
Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:12 pm

BlockCap or Stamina?

I have 26.2k HP and am uncritttable. I was curious to know whether the amount of damage absorption from blocking all incoming attack would outweigh the loss of stamina if I were to gem and enchant purely for avoidance as opposed to stamina.

Here is my armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mug%27thol&n=Mogurii

Thanks so much in advance!
amh
Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:16 am
Gemming / enchanting for avoidance is very painful. Heck, I can barely afford to use stamina-gems at the moment. Aim for pieces of gear with high avoidance-stats / block-rating, usually cheaper in the end than "brute-forcing" it up with gems. Looking at your armory I´d say t7 chest would be the next step :)

I´m about 7% off block-capped, but it´s the first thing I´m going for. You have tons of stamina, but it´s just epeen at this point. Predictable damage intake is hot!
_________________
Kieras <- armory
Proud cook of Savory Deviate Delight
ziggyunderslashone
Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:46 am
My main issue is identifying quite where 102.4 actually is. Without knowing miss I'm essentially stabbing in the dark. As block rating is about the most potent stat prior to the point and worthless after it seems to be quite a crucial decision that I'm trying to make without information to support it.

I suppose one could claim the same is true of hit caps, but this seems easier to gauge as you have one figure to arrange rather than a complex array.

edit: plus I'd like a solution that doesn't involve me standing in a field for several hours of logging.
Mogurii
Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:08 am
That was my initial idea as well. I had figured reducing all incoming damage by over 1100 is going to vastly outweigh an increase in stamina. I was just looking for some napkin math on the subject to see what some more experienced pally tanks were thinking.

Could we maybe express it in Time-to-live like we can with armor, and now dodge? It would take so many blocks to equal so much stamina. A stat comparison between block value and stamina would arise from this as well I suppose. As block value would add to your overall effective health.

I guess I'm just interested to get some numbers crunched on the subject. I will agree that blocking all incoming attacks is a great mitigation tool, but does anyone have any equations for the equality to stamina over time?
Alceste
Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:57 am
I'm sure their is better, and I can't entirely recall the mob levels, but I spent a while in the magnataur/kobold cave (quest with the goblin sappers leads you there) not far from the goblin outpost in Storm Peaks. Fast respawn, fairly condensed, and all melee mobs.
_________________
Mogurii
Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:21 am
I suppose I'm still fairly curious to see what the population on these boards seems to think about stamina. Is it something we want to actively be getting? Or is it something that should come with increases in item lvls? Should we be more actively be going for Block Cap? Should we let that come with an increase in item lvl?

I'm interested to hear the majority's concerns or comments, please feel free to respond as I'll be following the thread quite closely.