Skip to content
Maintankadin

Rotation and keys

ARogers
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:22 am

Rotation and keys

I was a tank in BC and went ret when I got bored before wrath. I'm back to tanking finally! However, I'm still trying to get used the new rotation.

I know it is a 96969696969 rotation, but I have a couple specific questions.

1) My HS and Cons are on 8sec CD. Only my Judgement is 9sec from 1/2 Imp Judgement. Is there a glyph to change them or are they just considered 9sec because they are more than the 2x 6sec ones?

2) My keybinding is:
1- attack
2- HotR
3- ShoR
4- HS
5- Judge
6- Cons

I basically rotate 1 and 2 then go priority between the others. If HS is up, press 5, then 6 if it isn't, then 7. Is there a better keybinding anyone can suggest. I find it causes me to stare at the attack bar too much! I'm a quickdraw on taunt, but last night in heroic Nexus, I missed seeing the agro of another person because I was watching the attack bar!


Thanks in advance for any help!
Maridian
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:39 am
Again, a thread likely better for basic training. Nevertheless:

HS's duration is 10sec now, its CD is 8. Therefore, treating it as a 9sec rotation should keep it up at all times.

Consc is simply treated as a 9sec and that extra second it's not down is shrugged off.

You would probably save yourself some grief if you macroed /startattack to HOTR. Whatever you choose to do, I recommend you find a way to train yourself to hit the relevant fingers for the 969 rotation in order; it saves you a great deal of pain. You may wish to consider a GCD-tracking addon (I like Quartz) or a cooldown addon (DoTracker) to keep pace with the 969 and which ability you're currently on.
_________________
"Our only hope is revolution. I'll put up a sign-up sheet. We need one person to bring pitchforks, one person to bring torches.... am I thinking of revolution, or killing Frankenstein monsters?"
2ndNin
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:39 am
Search for the cast sequence macros.

They are 9 seconds because:

8s messes up the rotation (1.5s fundamental unit)

Holy shield lasts 10s, refreshing early wastes mana.

Typically you want something like:

1-Avenger Shield, [modifier:shift] Exorcism [modifier:ctrl] Holy Wrath
2- 6S Cast Sequence, [modifier:shift] 6s with Hammer
3- 9S Cast Sequence
4- Righteous Defense, [modifier:shift] new taunt
5- Free
6- Free

So all your core abilities are on 4 buttons if you want them. Some people don't use the cast sequences allowing a bit more flexibility, typically you could put this option as a 2nd bar, and use them as needed.

Make use of macros is one of the few ways to condense your bars a lot, the other bit is consistency, I could mouse click my interface sequence without error now as its been this way for ages Razz.
_________________
Armoury Link