Skip to content
Maintankadin

Weaponspeed for Tankingspeed?

SevenOfNine
Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:37 am

Weaponspeed for Tankingspeed?

There is an old thread about this, but all discussion there is about Beta, so starting a new here instead:

Is there a prefered weaponspeed for Tankadins atm?

Mainly want to consider this from a threatgenerating point of view. Not solely, but mainly.

/Your shield facing the unknown, SevenofNine
Amanor
Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:44 am
I would think that while weapon speed may be largely only a minute concern, one would prefer to use a faster weapon for more consistent damage and applications of SoV/SoCor.

If you're daring enough to break the mold and try SoB/SotM instead, you'd likely prefer a slower weapon to get the most out of it, however.
_________________
Candiru
Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:44 am
Slower weapons = less parried attacks = less damage taken.

Faster weapons = faster stacking of SoV + more JoL/JoW procs.

Not much in it tbh, but I'd go for a slower one given identical other choices since you can solo better with SoB and a slow weapon.
trellian
Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:03 am
When multitanking, tab-targetting with a fast weapon can severely fasten SoV stack building.

on single target it doesn't matter at all.
_________________
Sytaena
Nahumme
Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:49 am
Isn't the slower weapon generally more TPS though? Well I should say due to how HoR works isn't a slower weapon (usually) more TPS.

"Hammer the current target and up to 2 additional nearby targets, causing 4 times your main hand damage per second as Holy damage."

Compare

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39344

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40345

While both are acceptable tanking weapons Broken Promises low end damage is almost as high as Slayers top end damage.


Thoughts?


Oh and first time poster long time reader... thanks for all the info for so long figured I'd start sharing my thoughts as well.
Nahumme
Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:04 am
Aha, well reading is hard.

Thank you for pointing that out.

Going back to the shadows now Sad
Ashmadai
Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:39 am
I would prefer a slow tanking weapon if I had the choice, mainly because even with the red sword of courage I routinely white crit for almost 1k, and I would love to have even higher crits with my auto attack. =D
_________________
Targonis
Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:06 pm
Right now I'm using Broken Promise... and if I was using Last Laugh my HoTR would be the same because my DPS would be the same (+/- additional STR or AP)
_________________
Eanin
Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:52 pm
It's pretty moot, but there are some slight advantages and disadvantages:

Slow weapons are better when you outgear content and are using Seal of Blood/Martyr.

Fast weapons are better when soloing and using seal of wisdom/light to conserve resources.

That's about it. For day-to-day tanking it really doesn't matter at all.
_________________