Skip to content
Maintankadin

Mana Conservation in Heroics

aleyona
Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:13 pm

Mana Conservation in Heroics

Okay, everyone who tanked in BC know that mana conservation has always been a bit of an issue. It was believed that the changes to sanctuary would alleviate this issue, however I'm not so sure that is the case.

So, the question proposed is - What do you do for mana conservation in heroics.

When doing trash mobs in heroics, I've honestly had healers tell me... You know, it's okay to take more damage. At the same time, I'm sitting here running out of mana because I need to keep my threat level up to a certain point for the DPS I run with.

Thanks to the small mana pool, I can use a single water/strudel and get back my mana within a few seconds - but when you are going for achievements you tend to stay in combat almost exclusively.
HinataDestiny
Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:17 pm
I run with BoSanc on myself and anytime i drop below 50% mana i pop a Divine Plea and let Holy Shield get a 2 second break and i get up to full fast
_________________
Hinata of Crit Happens - 80 - Arygos

Legionp
Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:19 pm
I use seal of wisdom, pop divine plea at every cool down, and judge wisdom if needed. Just hold back threat if needed, it is never an issue.
HinataDestiny
Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:21 pm
Also currently I have Pocket Watch 1.5(JC version) and pop it if i need that extra avoidance for some free manas
_________________
Hinata of Crit Happens - 80 - Arygos

Equitas
Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:24 pm
I dont Consecrate. If there are 4 mobs i consecrate once, instant Hammer, Judge one mob, shieldslam Main mob, from there on its just holy shield judge and hammer + slam and i keep divine plea on CD
_________________
Lies! You just don't want us to see your super secret strat involving Voodoo Gnomes!

Threatco
Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:32 pm
1.) Benediction talent

2.) Judge light. Seal Wisdom.

3.) Divine Plea in the first few casts around 95% mana so you can use it more then once in same fight. Such a short cooldown.

4.) Only skull/X casters. Try to have melee die at same time for more BS procs.

5.) Horde; Arcane torrent every chance you get.

7.) Spiritual Attunement Glyph

8.) If you are overgeared, do multiple pulls and chain pull sooner to balance your mana regen with your healers mana budget.

9.) Mana Oil and other mp5 consumables.

10.) Have enough mana yet?
_________________

Limitation strictly defined by motivation - Edan
Warning. I edit my posts.
Duraz0rz
Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:56 pm
Blessing of Sanctuary usually keeps my mana up sufficiently, enough that I can do a full threat rotation. If I notice it <75%, I pop Divine Plea. If mana can't stay up, I put on Seal of Wisdom as opposed to Seal of Corruption.

I drink when I feel like I need it, mainly because I tend to be cautious.
Fizzgig
Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:31 pm
I dont think I have used anything other than Seal of Wisdom and blessing of sanc in a heroic for the past week or so :/
_________________
Fridmarr
Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:34 pm
I stop using holy shield, blocking right now removes enough damage from the hit, that the BoSanc proc returns less mana than if I was just healed for the additional blocked damage. So when you remove the cost of casting holy shield on top of that, it's a pretty good gain.

If the damage is high enough I feel like I need to use holy shield, then I'm probably not having mana problems.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/us/frostmane/fridmarr/
Eanin
Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:11 pm
I run with seal of wisdom and blessing of sanc. I only consecrate when fighting multiple mobs (which is, I admit, a good portion of the time). I never have mana problems.
_________________
Threatco
Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:54 pm
11.) Bring Shamans / Spriests / Paladins

12.) Carry some mp5 hybrid gear.

13.) Use conc less when there are fewer then 3 mobs.

14.) /sit to take hits so you can get some heals and SA mana.

15.) Holy shield makes more hits blocked makes more BS mana.

16.) Should have enough mana now.
_________________

Limitation strictly defined by motivation - Edan
Warning. I edit my posts.