Skip to content
Maintankadin

Stamina and our Warrior counterparts

Scottzirra
Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:26 pm

Stamina and our Warrior counterparts

I have been consistently out HP'd by the warrior's in our guild by 4-5k hp full buffed. Our gear for the most part is similar, and I figure that at max they are gettin 1k hp more than me off stam. Is this a common issue? or should i drop other stats in favor of stam? atm im sort of def starved, so I am locked into my boss kit.
Igrado
Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:29 pm
An Armory link would be very helpful.
But if not that, what gear level are you at? There are several guides/gear lists the Gear Discussion and Guides Forums that can help you. Also see Frequently *Answered* Questions - Tankadin quickie basics for more information, but basically

Overall gearing priority
• Get Uncrittable (540 defense)
• Get Block Capped AKA 102.4%, AKA Uncrushable.
• Stack stats. Strength is TPS, with a little EH. Stamina is EH, with a little TPS.

Gem and enchant according to this priority.
You can't do anything about how a Warrior is built, or what armor your guildies have gathered. Consult the Guides for help, compile a list of gear you want, and go get it!
Arnock
Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:36 pm
For one thing, warriors have higher Base hp and stam than paladins, and tauren have the additional 5% health
_________________


Prot gear if armory is ret
JUSTISE
Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:47 pm
They do have more STA w/ similar gear.

The avg warrior on my server that is decently naxx geared has around 26-30k hp.

The avg pally on the other hand, run around 26-27k.

The most geared warrior on my server has 33+k hp unbuffed.

The most geared pally has near 28k. I have yet to see a prot pally w/ 30k unbuffed. I blame the libram slot.
_________________
PsiVen
Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:14 am
I have 29.3k unbuffed HP now, 29.9k if I use my old Commendation of Kael'thas. I take every socket bonus. So 30k is well within reach for a best-in-slot paladin.

33k for a warrior to me says that he's ignoring socket bonuses and just gemming/enchanting stamina out the arse for some reason.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Bloodsail Admiral Psivenia, 70 Warrior
70 Belfadin, 62 Druid, 60 Priest, 60 Warlock

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Petrus
Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:31 am
One of the things I found most interesting about the stam epeen race is that items such as Wall of Terror (and I think I may have gotten the realm first one, checking alliance armories as we speak) has less stamina than other similar items. Shadow of the Ghoul is another one, with less stam than other cloaks, but enough other stats to more than make up for it. Increase in iLevel != increase in stam.
_________________
Frickit
Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:49 am
I was just basically obligated to bid my points finally and take the belt from naxx25. I have the nerub belt as well which is my favorite piece. The naxx one has an extra socket and more threat and potentially a good amount more stamina but a lot less avoidance.

Point is I really didnt want it and I would have liked to keep my points but it is technically an upgrade. I will look like a better tank but Im losing like 2% avoidance or something. Im always gonna feel squishy wearing that. Same way I dont want to replace my blue ore gloves with the very nice block rating in order to get epics with a ton of expertise.
_________________
Nahumme
Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:42 am
WTB libram with STAM DEF and gem slots PST.

Seriously though we'll always be slightly hampered by that. I'm 28k unbuffed with the 111 stam trinket, normally 27kish with the correct dodge tinket on, still working on getting block cap, but quickly approaching it (just 1 gear upgrade and one regeming). However warriors who are fairly under my gear level are still comparing in HP, it's going to happen and if your guild is more concerned with the tanks HP rather then overall survivability or ability then I'd be more concerned about that.

Don't let the stamina get you down.
Ashmadai
Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:48 am
Besides for epeen factor, we don't have any problems in my opinion. I don't gear for Stam. I gear for uncrit plus the best balance of EH and avoidance, and right now I'm at like 25k unbuffed. I am gemmed for socket bonuses. Raid buffed I get up to about 32k, and the Warrior I tank with has about 35k. He also is a JC and has more focus on stam in his gear than I do and thus less avoidance. I have not run into anything in Naxx 10 that I couldn't have tanked with about 25k buffed HP, so I'm certainly not worried.

Besides, as Lore said, we're getting more Stam next patch. =)
_________________
Torakka
Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:53 am
Armor Plated Combat Shotgun adds at the most 72 stamina which is, with BoK and Vitality, about 840 HP. Libram of Obstruction is, with Redoubt and 1/2 imp. Judgement, 458 BV when proc is up avaraging about 254BV. Essentially that means that whenever you have proc up (56% of time) any two hits that would have killed you without that gun won't kill you in this case either. Obviously that 21 def rating makes warrior gearing somewhat easier and libram does nothing for you 44% of time, but proc will be up for pretty much every second ShoR and that threat surely surpasses anything 18 hit rating can offer.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/eu/ravencrest/ezarioth
Ranluka
Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:43 pm
At least we HAVE librams now.... we didn't originally, it was just a wasted slot. I just wish they hadn't taken the slot to give us Gimmick equipment.
_________________

10 points to anyone who can spot the pun.