after tanking every encounter, I am finding the 969 rotation pretty unnecessary and sometimes detrimental to tanking. The reason I say this is because I rarely get the opportunity to use it without getting distracted or running out of mana. I generally break stuff like this up into a pro/con analogy:
pro:
-higher dps = more theart
con:
-can be considerably distracting from the encounter
-potentially reduces up-time on Libram of Obstruction
-can run you /oom if you forget to not press consecration
since most encounters require me to be repositioning the boss or getting out of a void zone or other attacks. I end up just mashing buttons while watching the raid and boss for good opportunities to use my cooldowns. The only damage ability that I miss out on is consecration, and I can't even use that spell a lot of the time anyway.
Just wondering if anyone thinks this is a really bad idea, or if other tanks are in the same situation as me.
Ascendant
Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:50 pm



