Skip to content
Maintankadin

22 Agi better than Titanweave?

Janduin
Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:09 am

22 Agi better than Titanweave?

I was running the numbers are if:

1) You are over 540 defense
2) You are already block capped

It seems 22 agility > 16 defense, at least for my DR level, in avoidance and of course the additional armor is nice. Anyone else seeing this? Helps that it is significantly cheaper as well.

I realize given 1 and 2 are true the right choice might be 225 armor Smile

Edit: 530 -> 540 of course.
_________________
Eaglestrike
Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:17 am
22 agi would be my "threat" enchant because it'd be like 0.4-0.5%ish crit. But I'm not sure where I'd be able to sneak this in, at the moment if I'm dropping defense enchants somewhere the cloak is not my ideal place. I think changing gems and chest come first.
_________________
Candiru
Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:07 am
Yes, 22agi should be more avoidance than 16defence under pretty much all situations. As long as you are crit capped then its a good plan.

Block capped I wouldn't worry about too much, since it seems to come along by itself. (I am %3 off unbuffed, but with raid buffs and miss debuff on the boss I should be fine)
Janduin
Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:17 am
Yeah, typo, 540 defense of course. Original post edited.

Looking more closely, seems like the only reason 22 agi is more avoidance than 16 defense rating according to harlekin's spreadsheet is the bad DR on miss. As this hasn't really been confirmed, if miss DR isn't as bad as the preliminary numbers, the defense enchant pulls ahead.

I'll probably just go for 16 defense anyway to preserve gear-swapping flexibility while preserving being crit-capped. Or 225 armor, though armor cloak enchants don't scale with anything AFAIK.
_________________
harlekin
Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:56 am
Simply put, go with agility if you want avoidance, armor if you want EH. The general feel right now is to go with EH once you're block capped, and I'd recommend that until we have any reason to believe otherwise.

There is something to be said for stacking a bit of extra defense for gear swap flexibility though.
_________________
Shadow Council - US - Horde
Xandreth (74) - Prot Paladin - MT (going ret until 75)
Tyrenn (80) - Frostfire Mage
Saege (70) - Resto Druid in training
Staub (63) - DK backup tank
Majiben
Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:05 am
And trash tanking when HS may be eaten up.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus