Skip to content
Maintankadin

Judgement of the Just Vs Thunder Clap

pryse
Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:59 am

Judgement of the Just Vs Thunder Clap

Does Judgments of the Just stack with Thunderclap?

I'm asking because I am the offtank in my guild and our main tank is a warrior. If they do not stack then i can respec and put those two points somewhere else.

Here is my talent tree:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Dawnbringer&n=Proge

Any advice or tips would be helpful
_________________
Majiben
Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:06 pm
They don't stack and it would be better and safer for him to put his two points elsewhere.

His untalented version is still a 10% slow while yours is a 0%. You will experience many enoucnters where you will be fighting mobs sperately and if you do not do everything in your power to survive then the blame will be squarely on your shoulders.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus
Veilan
Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:32 pm
I think you should keep your judgments of the just. It's only 2 points and really one of the best mitigaton talents in the tree, even if you and him often tank together. I share Maj's assessment that you may not always be in the same place, so that you end up with mobs not affected by the clap. My conclusion however is that thus it's not wasted to keep your own mini-clap. If you like to frequently respec, then, of course, feel free to toy around with it.
_________________
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Thels
Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:36 am
And you're 2 tanks, usually tanking 2 different mobs, and not right next to each other.

I recall TBC raids where I was very annoyed to drag my mob over to one of the warrior tanks just to leech Thunder Clap. I'm never ever going back to something like that.

Thunder Clap is a Warrior's primary AoE tank ability. I wouldn't recommend any Prot Warrior not to take Imp Thunder Clap.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Valin
Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:03 am
I love this talent and agree with what's been said; you should definitely keep it. I just wish they would include a debuff icon for JotJ. I know as long as my Judgement is up, the target is swining 20% slower so I can just go off that debuff, but if some idiot ret pally decides to judge light for some random reason, I want to know my JotJ has dropped.
Venoseth
Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:54 am
Really, they should make it a separate debuff and have it's duration separate from our judgement.

The two work differently, and thus should work together, without giving us a double JoL bonus. ^^
_________________
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Veilan
Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:14 pm
I would love to at least get it showing as a debuff with a tooltip (like Heart of the Crusader), so I can be assured it's working properly, heh.
_________________
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Candiru
Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:52 am
Sometimes in a 25man raid I just give up and Judge Justice instead.